Movie: The Adventures of Robin Hood  » Movies  »
  • Flynn does make one of the best, if not the best Robin Hood and it was a nice, clean movie that everyone in the family could enjoy
  • If you like the Robin Hood legend and want a non-animated version of the movie everyone in the family will enjoy, I would recommend watching this one

• by Review Vigilante

I had heard of the movie The Adventures of Robin Hood but I had only seen bits and pieces of it until yesterday afternoon. It was raining out and I had nothing better to do (since my entire day had been planned as an outdoor yard work day) so I ended up watching it on the Fox Movie Channel.

The movie isn’t terrible.

Flynn does make one of the best, if not the best Robin Hood

and it was a nice, clean movie that everyone in the family could enjoy.

The movie, however, did seem to drag on in parts.

It was as though the film tried to put too many elements of the Robin Hood legend into the film version and just didn’t know what order to do it in.

Most versions, for example, have the movie ending shortly after Robin enters that archery contest, is captured and then freed by ...

• his comrades.

But, this version kept going on and on after that to the point it was actually getting a bit dull for my tastes.

However, once we did get to the ending and that big fight scene (which I actually had never seen before, despite hearing about it), I do have to say it lived up expectations.

That sword fight between Robin Hood and Sir Guy at the end is easily one of the better

ones I have seen.

I especially love how he gives the bad guy back his sword rather than trying to kill someone who is unarmed.

Oh, and if you get bored, you should take a moment to look for some well known stars playing in lesser roles.

I couldn’t believe that was Alan Hale.

If you like the Robin Hood legend and want a non-animated version of the movie everyone in the family will enjoy, I would recommend watching this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1110081228381131/k2311a0810/8.10.10