Maurices  » Shopping  »
2.5
106 Frances Lane, Beaver Dam, WI 53916
  • When it first opened, my wife and I went there (because I promised to buy her a pair of shoes) and, to be perfectly honest, we were less than impressed with it
  • Even though our salesperson did seem to have issues with the cash register (partly our fault because my wife forgot to give her the coupon she had received), the overall experience wasn’t too bad

• by Review Vigilante

A few months ago, our town got a Maurices on the north side near our Walmart Super Center. When it first opened, my wife and I went there (because I promised to buy her a pair of shoes) and, to be perfectly honest, we were less than impressed with it. We were able to find what we were looking for but the sales staff was not much of a help and they looked seriously disorganized. Because of that, we have not visited the store since.

However, my wife recently received a coupon and, since her birthday is coming up, I offered to go with her to help her buy a new outfit to wear when I take her out to dinner for it. It still isn’t my favorite store. But, I will say the service has improved.

/> When we got in there, my wife checked out the main part of the store first and, not finding anything good, decided to head toward their clearance section. As we got there, we had a sales rep show up and she was very friendly toward us (though we really weren’t all that interested in getting help at that moment). With my help (I’m pretty good at stuff like this for some weird reason), my wife was able to find a top and a skirt to wear to her dinner and, after trying them on, found she loved them.

This is where I feel Maurices actually went above and beyond a bit. After exiting the dressing rooms and checking out her outfit in the mirrors out there, the sales lady we talked to came over to ask her ...

• what she thought. My wife liked the outfit (and we did buy it).

But, she didn’t like the one belt that went with the top she purchased because she felt it was too tight. The salesperson seemed to understand this and said that was one of the biggest complaints they get with that particular top. But, she also helped my wife decide by pointing out it wasn’t that hard to add another hole to the belt to give her some more breathing room.

But, to be safe, she also went over to see if they had another belt that might have been left behind by a customer not wanting it. There aren’t many stores that will do that; especially when it is an item that is on clearance for about $4. Even though our salesperson did seem

to have issues with the cash register (partly our fault because my wife forgot to give her the coupon she had received), the overall experience wasn’t too bad.

In fact, it probably would have been perfect if it wasn’t for one thing. The skirt we picked up was on the clearance rack but was not on clearance. We still purchased it.

But, it was much more than expected. The salesperson said a customer must have put it back in the wrong spot; which I could understand. But, I’m positive there were more skirts just like that one on that same rack.

Stuff like that is the reason I still won’t count this particular store as among my favorites (at least when it comes to shopping for my wife). But, after getting a little better service there than we got the last time we visited, I would go back there again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2410081228351131/k2311a0810/8.10.10