Virgin Mobile Kyocera Loft Cell Phone  » Phones  »
  • I prefer the keyboard style and design of the Loft because I do a lot of text messaging
  • I found that messaging with the qwerty keyboard was much easier although I wish that the buttons were a bit bigger
  • Unfortunately, there are also a lot of things that I do not like about this phone
  • I am disappointed at how most of the pictures that I take with this phone end up looking grainy
  • I think that this phone is probably one of the better made prepaid phones, but I wish I would have knew more about this phone’s shortcomings before I purchased it

• by Simply_Fabulous

I owned the Virgin Mobile Kyocera X-TC before I purchased this phone. Although there was nothing wrong with the other phone that I had, I was interested in purchasing this phone for several reasons. First, it is one of the new phones that are available with the Virgin Mobile unlimited data and text messaging plans. The cell phone is very stylish and it reminds me of the Verizon Wireless smartphone that I used to own. I prefer the keyboard style and design of the Loft because I do a lot of text messaging.

When this phone was initially introduced, it retailed

for over $70. I was able to purchase it online for slightly more than $50. Compared to the first phone that I owned, this one has several positives. I found that messaging with the qwerty keyboard was much easier although I wish that the buttons were a bit bigger. I also love that this phone has several applications included on it and there is also other applications available to be downloaded. Linking this phone to some of my favorite social networking websites was also fairly easy and the speed of the web browser on this phone is reasonably fast.

Unfortunately, there are also a lot of things that I do not like about this phone. For some reason, the quality of the cameras on Virgin Mobile cell phones are poor and this phone is certainly an example. I am disappointed at how most of the pictures that I take with this phone end up looking grainy.

I guess I should not have expected too much from this phone considering the fact that it was inexpensive, but I still believe that there are some things that the manufacturer could easily correct. This phone should have come with more than four stock ...

• Virgin Mobile Kyocera Loft Cell Phone
      ringtones, and I hate that the only ringtones that I can download are from the cell phone company’s website. I also think it would have been nice if there was a music player on this phone and there is not a place on it to attach a memory card. The main thing that I hate about this phone is that a lot of websites are blocked which defeats the purpose of paying for an unlimited data plan. This is definitely not the phone for you if you plan on trying to watch online videos especially on YouTube.

Overall, there really is not

much of a difference between this phone and the previous phones that this company made. Cosmetically, it looks better although I wish the keyboard was better made. The better does not last very long and I wish that this phone had more customizable features. I think that this phone is probably one of the better made prepaid phones, but I wish I would have knew more about this phone’s shortcomings before I purchased it.

I would rate this product a 7 out of 10. I do not think that most people would be disappointed by it as long as they have realistic expectations.

Cindy Wilfert says :

This coming October our 2 yr contract will expire with TMobile service. I know we can upgrade her phone with TMobile but my daughter only wants a Blackberry Curve, but we refuse to pay the 30- 40 per month web-crap that is required for all Smartphones. Kyocera Loft looks similar to the Blackberry. If we purchase this phone with no contract, how do we activate her TMobile phone number to this Kyocera phone? Is it possible?

Jules Li says :

T-Mobile is a GSM network so to switch phones all you have to do is switch the sim card over to the new phone. However, you will still have to contact T-Mobile to have the data feature taken off of your account to avoid paying for it when you don’t need it.

Simply_Fabulous replies :

That`s a good question. You might want to contact Virgin Mobile customer service to be sure, but I believe that you can port in her existing number. Most prepaid cell phone providers give this option although it might take a little bit longer for the activation process to be completed. I also believe there is an email address on the Virgin Mobile website where you can contact them. I have emailed them in the past with problems that I had and they responded back promptly. I hope this helps.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 379081227291031/k2311a089/8.9.10