Redkin Color Extend Shampoo
2.0
  • I thought it was fun to have a different color and greatly enjoyed the feeling of individuality it gave me
  • It was for the up keep that I decided to try Redkin Color Extend Shampoo
  • However I figured that my stylist knew what she was talking about so I bought it and tried it
  • However about my 3rd wash in I noticed that my hair color was really faded
  • I think that the stylist was correct because after talkign with the friends who used, it I discovered that they all have relatively oily hair (admittedly I probably should hav thought of that before I paid $15.00 for it)

• by webgirl40

Like most girls my age I have had my tumbles with color treated hair. I thought it was fun to have a different color and greatly enjoyed the feeling of individuality it gave me. However, with the pleasure of coloring hair comes the responsibility of its up keep.

It was for the up keep that I decided to try Redkin Color Extend Shampoo. It was recommended by my stylist and also by several friends who use it. I was a little dismayed at the price almost $15.00 for a 10oz bottle. However I figured that my stylist knew what she was talking about so I bought it and tried it.

At first it seemed to be working.

However about my 3rd wash in I noticed that my hair color was really faded. I knew that since it had not even been a full week since my coloring that it could not be time to recolor. Then as I studied my faded hair in the mirror I noticed how dry and brittle my hair was. It was breaking even as I touched it. It took me about 10 minutes to realize that the shampoo I paid $15.00 for was destroying my hair.

I had no idea what to do so I went back to the styling company. However this time I was given another stylist as my usual one was out for the day. She ...

• told me that although Redkin usually does work, it sometimes has a tendency to work better on people who have natuarally oiler hair. She said that I should probably quit using it and switch to a different kind of shampoo. She recommended Herbal Essences Color Me Happy as that was what she used and it worked for her(we had the same type of hair too so it was great). Well the Herbal Essences and a hot oil treatment seemed to revitalize my hair. It didn’t look too faded after that but I did end up getting re done sooner than I probably would have.

I guess that the Redkin would work better if my hair was maybe a

bit oilier. I think that the stylist was correct because after talkign with the friends who used, it I discovered that they all have relatively oily hair (admittedly I probably should hav thought of that before I paid $15.00 for it). However I have thick relatively dry hair and the product just did not seem to work for me. I personally will be sticking to the Herbal Essences as it was only a third the price and had wonderful results.

I would not necessarily discourage anyone from using this product as it may work better for them. I would just caution those who choose to use it to really pay attention to how your hair feels and also to the price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319081226740931/k2311a089/8.9.10