Maybelline Mineral Powder Natural Perfecting Powder Foundation  » Cosmetics  »
  • I bought the Maybelline Loose Powder Mineral Foundation as I was looking for a foundation base that would cover up blemishes and just give me a flawless finish that would blend in well with my natural skin tone
  • I thought that the mineral powders were going to flick off if I put on too much, but the loose minerals stayed on
  • It will last a long time, so I would recommend this to anyone looking for a flawless make-up foundation

• by ablosh

I bought the Maybelline Loose Powder Mineral Foundation as I was looking for a foundation base that would cover up blemishes and just give me a flawless finish that would blend in well with my natural skin tone. I’m Asian, so I had to find something light-brown but with a slightly yellow tone. The goal was to look like I barely have any make-up on. This did not fail me.

The small minerals in the powder were very easy to apply with a soft brush. I just put on a little, tapped

the brush on the sifter container to return most of the powder to get rid of excess and brushed in circular motion. I brush lightly on my forehead, nose, left and right cheeks and chin, then I sort of go in circles to blend in. I apply another layer to cover up bags under my eyes and it helps with conceal my dark circles. Be careful though, because the light mineral powder doesn’t feel heavy on the skin, so you can easily go overboard with it as I once had.

I thought that ...

• the mineral powders were going to flick off if I put on too much, but the loose minerals stayed on. I have a combination of oily and dry skin so this was great at keeping the oily parts dry and yet providing good coverage for my cheeks, which are the dry parts. My face also showed a slight sheen, not in the gross-oily kind of way, but added radiance on my skin.

Washing off is easy too with a mild facial wash. You can use a make-up remover too, but it dries my

skin if I use it often. So, I just use a gentle hypoallergenic cleanser and it gets the job done.

You would need a retouch at least once a day if you want to keep it looking fresh. But since it is affordable at about six dollars, it won’t be painful on your budget. As most Maybelline products are available in department store or Watson’s, it is easy to find if you run out of it. It will last a long time, so I would recommend this to anyone looking for a flawless make-up foundation.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 318081226611231/k2311a088/8.8.10