Revlon Photo Ready Makeup Liquid Foundation with SPF 20 in Golden Beige  » Cosmetics  »
  • When I got to the store I was disappointed to see that it was so highly priced at S$29.90 which is almost $S30.00
  • As for matching shades I had been using the Revlon Color Stay foundation in Warm Golden and I like it except that it is not my exact shade
  • They have only 5 available shades here but I was happy because all these shades where on the darker shade except for nude
  • I have always enjoyed using Revlon products and this one is definitely one of my favorites from Revlon

• by true_value

After hearing so much about the new Revlon Photo Ready Makeup Foundation over the internet and Youtube for so long, I was excited when it was finally launched here in Singapore. When I got to the store I was disappointed to see that it was so highly priced at S$29.90 which is almost $S30.00. And that is quite high for a drugstore cosmetic. But then again these days’ drugstore cosmetics and products are getting more and more expensive so I can’t be complaining too much about just Revlon.

The first thing that I liked about the Revlon Photo Ready Makeup Foundation is its packaging. I had been using the Color Stay Liquid Foundation from Revlon and I hate the bottle because it does not have a pump dispenser and it is a pain getting the product out and very inconvenient and messy to use. The Photo Ready foundation comes in a neat looking packaging with a pump which is great. The black pump is

covered with a clear black plastic cap which is great for keeping the nozzle free of dust and contamination.

The Color Stay foundation had only SPF 6 and this one comes with SPF 20 another winning point. As for matching shades I had been using the Revlon Color Stay foundation in Warm Golden and I like it except that it is not my exact shade. I find it a bit too light for me and so I was hoping to find my match with the Photo Ready. On top of the high SPF it is also Oil-Free and Fragrance Free. What more could I ask for with my oily and sensitive skin?

They have only 5 available shades here but I was happy because all these shades where on the darker shade except for nude. So there was a good choice for me. Rest of the shades was Medium Beige, Cool Beige, Golden Beige and Caramel.

I had tough time decided between Cool Beige and Golden Beige.

• I am more on the cool skin tone so I decided to go for the Cool Beige and luckily that was a close match for my skin. I fell in love with the foundation even while I was trying out the tester it had a very silky consistency that literally disappeared on my skin and was undetectable.

Revlon claims the foundation to provide a flawless, poreless, airbrushed appearance even in the harshest lighting conditions from indoor fluorescent lighting to full outdoor sunlight. I have experienced this before with other foundations even though my makeup would seem flawless in natural light it would look like a mask in photos.

The descriptions mentions it to be photo chromatic pigments that blend, reflect and diffuse light to erase every flaw and provide undetectable coverage, give a soft luminous finish and that it was professionally designed formula and shades tested under the harshest lights and high-definition camera lens.

I agree with all the claims. I have never looked so good in any photos than

I look with the Photo Ready Makeup on. It is so good that I don’t even wear concealer anymore as the light diffusing properties of the foundation bounced back light and gives the illusion of flawless skin.

The coverage I feel is light to medium and is perfect for my skin. One thing I noticed about the foundation is that it has extremely tiny particles of glitter in it which I never notice on my face but I see in on my hand after I smooth it on my face. I guess these are the light diffusers but it is weird that they are invisible on my face but I can see them on my hand.

I am planning to get the matching Revlon Photo Ready Pressed powder for setting it because I feel that my normal setting powder is not doing the foundation justice.

I have always enjoyed using Revlon products and this one is definitely one of my favorites from Revlon. I highly recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 318081226421131/k2311a088/8.8.10