Nokia X6 16 GB Phone  » Phones  »
  • I thought about swapping my E71 for a while with my sister’s Nokia X6 who’s just a one month owner of the item because she realized a tangible QWERTY keypad suits her texting spurs than a faulty capacitive touch screen
  • I was happy to trade my humdrum phone with something to play my current favorite tracks without completely cutting myself off of the mobile stratosphere
  • Another interesting addition, rather an innovation to the familiar and native design of Nokia phones is the external Sim card slot readily accessible at the side of the phone
  • I don’t think I like the jam-packed home screen, although, it makes an effective scheduler just like my E71
  • Texting is better in landscape orientation and I love that the phone smartly inputs relevant words as you type

• by jhunie

I use my Nokia E71 strictly for messaging and another Android phone for checking emails given its proprietary Gmail app. I’ve been looking at grainy Art films lately and downloaded some of the classical soundtracks in my music player. No wonder why I can’t seem to get over from the bits of ‘last-song-syndrome’ relentlessly playing in my head and draining somewhere in my subconscious. I’m likely to be seduced by corporate phones so a music phone isn’t really my idea of a hip phone. I thought about swapping my E71 for a while with my sister’s Nokia X6 who’s just a one month owner of the item because she realized a tangible QWERTY keypad suits her texting spurs than a faulty capacitive touch screen. I was happy to trade my humdrum phone with something to play my current favorite tracks without completely cutting myself off of the mobile stratosphere.

I immediately transferred many songs into this music phone seamlessly without establishing an actual connection since I did it via Bluetooth. I’m no utter loafer but sometimes it just sucks to hook up a cable to my netbook when adding tracks

into my playlist. I have often wished for a wireless method of transferring media files and this Bluetooth-enabled phone is an absolute convenience. Another interesting addition, rather an innovation to the familiar and native design of Nokia phones is the external Sim card slot readily accessible at the side of the phone. It’s comparable to a thin memory card slot covered in the same rubber enclosures. This simplified design is a shortcut to the usual intricate anatomy of Nokia phones where you’ll have to totally pull out the battery to change Sim cards.

The phone has 3 physical buttons at the bottom mainly for answering and dropping calls which I rarely touch except for the menu button. My favorite though is the teeny tiny multimedia button discretely found at the top portion of the screen. Naturally, this reveals the multimedia menu and therefore, at my disposal takes me to the music library, or browse photos and watch videos. I don’t think I like the jam-packed home screen, although, it makes an effective scheduler just like my E71. An Ovi store widget, twitter, facebook and the common slew of ...

• social networking sites can be added to the home screen, but I care less about those useless widgets, other than the friend’s panel – I like this feature very much. If I need to send a text, I just tap the person I had in mind without rummaging through my contacts.

The Nokia X6 may be dubbed as a multimedia powerhouse but the speakers don’t deliver an impressive sound reproduction. It’s quite loud actually, probably more audible than my netbook’s petty speakers. The sound quality it creates sounds too synthetic. I love electronica but listening to classical music thru the built-in speakers in the form of slits at the phone’s rear casing sounds very pitchy. With headphones or earphones however, the sound is at par with my digital music player. Whatever hard drive it has, it works well and doesn’t crash. There are standard features like the album cover art which displays the artist and customizable playlists. I noted that the phone seems to generate heat though after continuous playback. It’s a standalone music phone because of the loud speakers.

I believe this is a value phone

for the other functional facets you get, it comes with a 5 megapixel camera as well. I never had a phone of this caliber as far as capturing images is concerned. But given the phone’s autofocus and flash, I still find some faults with the quality of the pictures I’ve taken. The 434 mhz processor is roughly half of my android phone’s 800 mhz so the CPU might not be that snappy for those who play movies and games in it. I admit after weeks of using the phone, I got bored with the Nokia interface right away. Texting is better in landscape orientation and I love that the phone smartly inputs relevant words as you type. It doesn’t support multi-touch like my Samsung spica, well I never owned any 2-thumbed phones to begin with so it’s not much of a loss. Perhaps the real value of this music phone is the 16 gigabytes worth of memory storage – that’s not even half of my meager mp3 player. For the price of 300 dollars, this is truly a well-rounded multimedia phone. Likewise, I recommend it to music buffs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 378081226331131/k2311a088/8.8.10