McDonald’s Angus Snack Wrap - Bacon and Cheese  » Food  »
  • On a spontaneous whim today, I decided to drop by McDonald's, which I almost never do, and try one of their Angus Snack Wraps
  • I have to admit I love how fast food chains are always altering their menus these days
  • Overall, I was impressed by the Angus Snack Wrap - Bacon and Cheese

• by Orrymain

On a spontaneous whim today, I decided to drop by McDonald’s, which I almost never do, and try one of their Angus Snack Wraps. There were three versions available and the one I went with was the Bacon and Cheese. It looked good and sounded tasty.

This product is new to the McDonald’s menu, having just been added this summer after a successful test run at

selected markets. I have to admit I love how fast food chains are always altering their menus these days. You just never know what you’ll find anymore.

Indeed, I was pretty happy with the taste of the Angus beef, though it could be accused of being a tad on the dry side. Even so, what I was surprised by was how tender it was. That was a pleasant discovery.

The Angus Snack Wrap - Bacon and Cheese is basically Angus beef wrapped like a burrito in a flour tortilla. I really liked the secure way the wrap was done. I’ve seen some foods where the wrap was sloppy, with food falling out of the bottom. This was solid, but soft and tasty.

Reportedly, the snack wrap contains about half of ...

• McDonald's Angus Snack Wrap - Bacon and Cheese
      the Angus third of a pound burger. Inside, the wrap includes mustard, onion, pickle, bacon, and catsup. That’s in addition to the beef, bacon, and American cheese. Now I hate mustard so had mine without. My only big complaint is something I’ve been saying in various reviews: the ingredients aren’t being spread around enough. Once you get that little pickle, that’s it.
      Find the bacon, and it’s gone in a couple of bites. I’d like to see it more consistent throughout the product.

Overall, I was impressed by the Angus Snack Wrap - Bacon and Cheese. For its $1.99 price, it was filling and satisfying. I’d probably get it more often if were priced at $1.50 though. It’s about on the cusp of being over priced for my budget.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 278081226161131/k2311a088/8.8.10