Globe Broadband Internet  » Internet  »
  • I thought maybe someone else was using my internet connection since I don’t have a password for my router
  • I chatted with the Globe customer service representative via online and they were very prompt in answering all my queries but the two solutions that they provided did not solve my problem

• by starlight

I switched from Smartbro internet service to Globe because of their handsome package. Before, I used to shell out P999 for my Smartbro internet connection and another P500 for my Globeline landline phone but after seeing an Ad of Globe that they offer landline and internet services with free router for the price of P998, I immediately went to their office to apply for one.

The customer service representative was very amiable and catered to all of my queries. That same day, my application

was approved and I was advised to wait for a day or two for their technician to install my new landline and internet connection and as promised, on the second day early in the morning, their technician came.

The installation went well and my internet connection was very good. It’s been three months since I subscribed at Globe, and now, I’m experiencing problems with my internet connection. Unlike the first few weeks which the internet speed was fast, now it is unbearably slow. I’m not even ...

• downloading movies or anything, I only visit the same sites everyday and I have problems connecting to the internet. What’s more weird is, when I go to google, I can immediately access it but when I type other sites like my work, or facebook or yahoo and even gmail, there’s a connection time-out. I’ve been experiencing this for quite some time. I thought maybe someone else was using my internet connection since I don’t have a password for my router. I chatted
        with the Globe customer service representative via online and they were very prompt in answering all my queries but the two solutions that they provided did not solve my problem. I still don’t know my password which they set up and I still can’t restrict access to other users for my router, and I still encounter connection problems every day.

How I wish I can switch back to my smartbro but all I have to do is wait. I’m still locked down with Globe for two years.

Globe Broadband Internet
    quick note by anonymous :

Don’t stand for it, contract or no, they HAVE to provide you with the service you are paying for. Call back or go to the location you signed up at and demand a manager. Be aggressive

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 218081225861031/k2311a088/8.8.10