Acer Aspire One Laptop  » Computers  »
  • I bought this laptop because I wanted a completely portable way to conduct Internet browsing and other various computer features while not sacrificing the traditional performance of the desktop

• by donkeyeeeor

This computer packs a big punch in a small package. I bought this laptop because I wanted a completely portable way to conduct Internet browsing and other various computer features while not sacrificing the traditional performance of the desktop.

As a whole, the Acer aspire one delivers on these fronts.

This computer actually comes in 8, 10 and 12 inch screen models with varying degrees

of RAM and hard drive space, but the chipset itself is identical for all models.

Personally, I chose the 12 inch screen model and I am very pleased with it.

My only real gripe is that the battery life is not what I expected or what is posted by Acer.

My battery will last roughly 5 hours if I’m not doing anything and potentially less than three if I’m doing something particularly calling like watching a movie or browsing.

This is disheartening, I had a flight which lasted five hours and I was hoping to be able to use my laptop to watch movies the entire time, it was not meant to be.

The battery actually died before the first movie even finished at roughly an hour and 45 minutes.

There ...

• Acer Aspire One Laptop
      are multiple extended batteries available and I’m guessing those who do the trick, additionally it is likely that my battery was specifically weak because I chose a larger screen.

At any rate battery life is not a dealbreaker but it is my one complaint.

The screen is very vibrant and nice in the browser is snappy of course, I use Mozilla Firefox.

I’ve no complaints

about the stock applications either, the DVD player runs flawlessly and there is more than ample hard drive space to meet my needs.

If the battery life were a bit better and I wasn’t being forced to purchase an extended and much bulkier battery than this computer would likely be my best friend for years.

As it stands now it is competitive and acceptable but not perfect in my eyes

Acer Aspire One Laptop

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 198081225811031/k2311a088/8.8.10