Samsung i830 Cell Phone  » Phones  »
2.5
  • However, upon actually getting the phone in my hands, I was a bit disappointed
  • The phone does feature a full keyboard that is remarkably cramped and I found myself regularly messing up my text messages and in the search bar on the Internet browser
  • The actual signal the phone was quite good but I don't think this can be attributed to the phone and instead can be attributed to Verizon wireless as a company
  • I would recommend this phone to a business savvy individual but no one else

• by monkeyness

When I first got this phone I could not be more ecstatic with anticipation about messing with all of the features this phone and offer. However, upon actually getting the phone in my hands, I was a bit disappointed.

The phone does feature a full keyboard that is remarkably cramped and I found myself regularly messing up my text messages and in the search bar on the Internet browser.

A larger keyboard would’ve been a much nicer design feature.

The phone runs on Windows mobile which

is okay, but in today’s world of iPhone applications it just doesn’t do the trick.

Honestly, I was hoping to get more bang for my buck and I didn’t get it.

The phone comes with a stylus which you will end up needing to use because although this phone is also a touchscreen phone screen itself is indented a good half of an inch, and the stylus is really the only efficient way to use the touch screen and all.

This phone doesn’t back it WiFi but ...

• what they fail to tell you is that it’s horrifically frustrating to set up, and it might as well not be used at all.

Anytime I wanted to connect to a new network like at an airport or coffee shop I had to manually reconfigure my phone to take the new Internet signal.

The actual signal the phone was quite good but I don’t think this can be attributed to the phone and instead can be attributed to Verizon wireless as a company.

The battery life is

also just okay, the battery physically is quite small so I’m not surprised that only lasts about four hours before needing a charge.

In general this phone is acceptable but there are better smartphones available.

After a month or so I got really frustrated with this phone, the Windows mobile kept trying to update my service without my permission and the touchscreen keyboard remained cramped because there is no real way to fix that.

I would recommend this phone to a business savvy individual but no one else.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 378081225801031/k2311a088/8.8.10