John 5: The Devil Knows My Name DVD  » Music  »
  • It was a awesome display of chops and I love his signature Telecaster
  • I recommend this DVD, but I suggest learning the notes on the guitar and be prepared to rewind your DVD player a few times so you can understand the lessons perfectly

• by pango14762

John 5:The Devil Knows My Name DVD by metal bluegrass guitarist John 5 is a pretty cool DVD that shows you how to play some of his most complex licks from some of his songs on The Devil Knows My Name solo record album. This DVD is really weird though. Throughout the video are some weird clips of half naked girls in pig masks and some more oddities while John displays a few full songs from his album live.

It’s kind of odd but I can’t only blame John for

making the movie,as weird as he his. His Bassist is also weird guy and he directed the movie.

My favorite song that he plays is Sugarfoot Rag, an old bluegrass song with his fast metal bluegrass touch to it. After each song he gives a lesson on some of the harder fills or licks.

He teaches the song in a really good way but you need to know your notes because he doesn’t explain the fret that you need to hit, but instead tells you the string and the note.

• It would also be great if there was more close ups of the right hand and left hand techniques so you can get a better look.

In the middle of the movie, John has a technique lesson on his banjo rolls. There pretty easy to do if you are fast at fingerpicking and palm muting some of it to to get that chcken picken country sound.

This DVD shows a live clip of John playing a solo medley live with Rob Zombie. It was a awesome display of chops

and I love his signature Telecaster.

It sounds amazing. I played through my cousins signature model that he has and I loved the action and you can do those really high pitched behind the nut bends that I tried figuring out from the DVD.

The DVD ends with John playing the title track from his album wile the credits scroll. I recommend this DVD, but I suggest learning the notes on the guitar and be prepared to rewind your DVD player a few times so you can understand the lessons perfectly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 148081225751031/k2311a088/8.8.10