Kodak Portra 160NC: 35 mm Portrait film
  • I know that I love to be surrounded by pictures of people that I love
  • I think every one should take a portrait every couple years and children every year
  • I have taken pictures at weddings with this film and have had the best results
  • I recommend this film for portraits and pictures of people and for a person who knows a little bit about lighting and cameras

• by makeithappen

35 mm cameras are still some of the best cameras for taking portraits. So many people let the world take them by storm and they forget to stop for a moment to capture a piece of themselves stopped in time. Something that they can look back on to let them relive that moment. I know that I love to be surrounded by pictures of people that I love. I also remember how I love to look back at old portraits of myself and I want the children to be able to do the same. Pictures that can bring back the sweetness of childhood and let them take their own trip back in time. I think every one should take a portrait every couple years and children

every year. Yet in such a busy world who has the time? If you have a 35 mm camera and a roll of Kodak Portra 160NC you can catch a moment in time. Tell everyone to say smile and have a portrait. I love doing this because it takes almost no time out of my day yet I still have my wonderful memories. I love this film because it is the best film for taking portraits and filming people. It always turns out a nice looking picture and somehow it causes a sort of glow that makes the picture lively. It captures the emotion and I love that.

I have taken pictures at weddings with this film and have had the best results. The contrast of the ...

• black and white clothing and the added glow of the faces makes wedding pictures look so pristine and perfect. I love looking at wedding pictures taken with this film because it puts you right there in the beautiful moment and leaves you with a warm wonderful feeling. When you first use this film you may find it has a bit of color saturation. That is not due to the film but due to being a novice. With some practice you can take portraits as good as the ones you would pay for. Kodak Portra 160NC can also take a good landscape with natural light but that is a bit harder. I would rate this a ten if it were not for those two facts. Still it
        did not take me long to learn so I still think it is a better alternative to hiring a pricey photographer to do a portrait.

I recommend this film for portraits and pictures of people and for a person who knows a little bit about lighting and cameras. Anyone at that level will have no trouble with this film. Still I did not know all that but was able to learn pretty fast. It only costs $4 a roll so if you want to take a roll or two to learn on it will not take you much money or much time. That is a really fantastic price for this type of 35 mm film. Sometimes I use this as all purpose film just because it is so cheap.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 437081225460431/k2311a087/8.7.10