Masterchef: Episode 2 TV Show  » TV  »
  • I was again surprise at how much I enjoyed the hour of cooking and drama
  • As I've contemplated that, I believe the reason this show has been watchable for me is that it's truly about everyday people, the mom, dad, or student at home who is out to become a chef
  • Unfortunately, the judges weren't as fond of his food
  • She's one of those happy survivor stories, and it's going to be interesting to watch her

• by Orrymain

Masterchef’s second episode concluded the auditions where amateur cooks have one hour to prepare food to please the three judges, including Gordon Ramsey. I was again surprise at how much I enjoyed the hour of cooking and drama. As I’ve contemplated that, I believe the reason this show has been watchable for me is that it’s truly about everyday people, the mom, dad, or student at home who is out

to become a chef. It is about dreams.

That’s not to say that this isn’t going to be an intensely volatile show as it progresses, but the two hours of auditions touched more on the emotional aspects of having a chance of pursuing dreams.

There was an emotional beginning with a woman named Tamar who is from Jamaica. Judge Graham changes his mind about his ‘no’ vote and actually goes out to give ...

• her an apron, passing her through into the competition. Who knew Gordon Ramsey had a heart? We just need to keep him out of his own individual show’s kitchen. This was a great bit on the show.

I also liked watching Tom, the apple head sculptor. You don’t see that everyday. Unfortunately, the judges weren’t as fond of his food.

Jennifer, a stay at home mom to 2 special

needs kids and who was once told she was going to die, was great to watch. She’s one of those happy survivor stories, and it’s going to be interesting to watch her.

That goes ‘ditto’ for Adeliz, who actually got two chances to cook for the judges.

The worst thing for me was the constant teaser about the 30 aprons doled out. After every commercial it was “just a few aprons left.” That was tiring.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 107081225300431/k2311a087/8.7.10