Salt Movie (2010)  » Movies  »
  • I love how the flashbacks tell of Salt growing up amidst the Cold War years of the U
  • Some critics have said that Jolie doesn't talk much (or enough) in this film but I believe that is the sign of a good actress
  • She didn't need to, in my opinion, because of her passion as the Salt character and just plain beauty, as well as the raw, uninterrupted talent/skill
  • Liev Schreiber plays the sexy CIA agent Ted Winter who has worked closely with Salt for a long time, perhaps with some previous romantic entanglements despite her being married to a weird and boring arachnologist from Germany
  • I thought that this movie was going to be totally predictable, but Salt's character was complicated enough to keep me wondering about her throughout the film

• by c4collins

The movie “Salt” has received a lot of much-anticipated hype, especially around my hometown. I have to admit that I was a bit excited to see another good flick featuring Angelina Jolie. I liked her in “Mr. and Mrs.

Smith”, “Tomb Raider”, etc. Therefore, my dad and I piled into the car and made a trip out to the nearest movie theatre to see this film. The lines confirmed all the press reviews we had heard but not quite heeded: we were almost late for the show, once we got into the building, bought snacks and finally found some seats to settle into!

The film started out simple and slow enough, about a CIA agent named Evelyn Salt who is accused of being a Russian spy bent on bringing down the United States through a series of critical terrorist attacks.

Apparently, she was born and raised outside America along with countless other

Russian comrades in a program designed to infiltrate the U. S and blend into society. I love how the flashbacks tell of Salt growing up amidst the Cold War years of the U.

S. S. R and trying to study pop culture of the time, a mixture of late seventies/early eighties consumerism galore (I swore I saw a “Cabbage Patch Kid” doll among other shameless toys I myself grew up with).

The only part that confused me was when she decided to run away from her position, avidly confessing aloud that she wasn’t a Russian spy, but clearly attempting to lie or suppress something. Yet, this mystery/confusion just made me all the more intrigued. Once the CIA is on to Salt, which happens abruptly, the movie patrons were in for one wild ride.

Some critics have said that Jolie doesn’t talk much (or enough) in this film but I believe that is the sign of a good actress: ...

• actions speak louder than words, anyway!! She didn’t need to, in my opinion, because of her passion as the Salt character and just plain beauty, as well as the raw, uninterrupted talent/skill. Liev Schreiber plays the sexy CIA agent Ted Winter who has worked closely with Salt for a long time, perhaps with some previous romantic entanglements despite her being married to a weird and boring arachnologist from Germany. Pretending (in a perfect world) if Jolie were to win best actress for this film alone, then Schreiber should get best supporting actor because his character develops perfectly in the plot.

The high-quality thrills and chases can be linked to both him and Jolie in a combined effort. I even liked another minor character, who could have been used more (especially at the movie’s end), named agent Peabody, played by a talented actor called Chiwetel Ejiofor. Lastly, Salt’s loyalties to both country’s regimes are thoroughly

tested so well that one cannot completely predict the outcome…even in sequels that should definitely be considered for the future.

I thought that this movie was going to be totally predictable, but Salt’s character was complicated enough to keep me wondering about her throughout the film. The violence was tastefully done, as I am not even a big fan of spy thrillers. The make-up artists made her look horribly beaten up at one point, and that was hard to do with one of the prettiest actresses on the planet! The suspense and natural flow of the story was smart, to-the-point, and not overly exaggerated.

At the end of the movie, my fellow movie fans in the theatre were clapping and I was proud to join them. As the tag line for the movie trailer/poster asks who Salt is, I can safely answer that it is yet to be figured out.

Salt Movie (2010)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 117081224990331/k2311a087/8.7.10