Klik Nail Polish in Green Pepper  » Cosmetics  »
  • The orange shade was particularly ravishing at a glance but I was rather disappointed that the color fared like frosty pink
  • That said, I prefer to paint it over fingertips as it makes a good and neat manicure
  • Like my positive experience before, application was good and not messy
  • I think this crayola green shade is a winner, and most certainly, the brand Klik deserves to get my recommendation

• by jhunie

I was out in a mall one time while electing a suitable shampoo I could use and happened to pass by a familiar faint smell of what seems to be paint thinner. I realized I was standing near the shelves of nail lacquers, mostly run-of-the-mill brands and picked this one on a whim. I didn’t have misgivings of the brand since I was able to sample previously a Klik nail polish with a powdery, pastel blue shade which was surprisingly nice, despite that the color turned to a bright convincing neon blue on nails. It became one of my beloved summer staples because it absolutely looked like an Orly dupe or China Glaze, minus the price. So I grabbed 2 colors, un-swatched, one appeared to be a frosty orange while the other was a dark olive green. The orange shade was particularly ravishing

at a glance but I was rather disappointed that the color fared like frosty pink. Its red tint was apparently too concentrated and therefore, un-relatively orange.

The other shade named green pepper was more accurate. It’s a deep opaque green which makes me think of vegetal colors, especially avocado. This kind of shade will suit most fair complexions, I suppose. The color really pops out by the day with ample lighting. I can’t help but be put off by the lacquer’s gangrene-ish appearance at night. Speaking of gang green or jade rose – Chanel that is, this green tint has a certain military vibe, a camouflage sort of green, it differs from those Chanel vernis I’ve used because it’s much darker. It looks terrible as a pedicure though. That said, I prefer to paint it over fingertips as it makes a ...

• good and neat manicure.

Like my positive experience before, application was good and not messy. The fluid, less flow-resistant quality of the lacquer was just the right consistency I needed to paint each nail without having any sticky or streaking issues. However, the first 2 coats didn’t make an impressive full-opacity coverage so I had to finish it with another 2 coats to create an opaque color. I really admire the way the lacquer settles by itself without streaking even when I reapply immediately after a few seconds only. 4 coats of the nail polish were a lot and assuming it would build to a creamy crust on top of the bare nail plate - I had to wait like an hour or 2 to fully dry out my manicure.

Even in 4 coats I didn’t get an even coverage once it was thoroughly finished.

Most of the dense part of its tint converged on the lower end of my nails so the rest was slightly lighter. But it’s only obvious at close inspection. At a distance, my manicure looks opaque and beautiful. It has a glossy sheen by itself but I didn’t hesitate to top it off with a glosser for maximum shine. I’ve been wearing my manicure for less than a week now and it still hasn’t worn out. I was actually expecting it to chip badly because of the layers and layers of polish I frustratingly added. But it lasted well. I think this crayola green shade is a winner, and most certainly, the brand Klik deserves to get my recommendation. You can probably buy 3 bottles of these nail lacquers for a dollar. It’s nevertheless great value for the nails.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316081224251131/k2311a086/8.6.10