Drumstick Ice Cream Treats - With Sprinkles  » Food  »
  • Since I do not like the peanut coating, I decided to give these new sprinkled types a try
  • Although I enjoy chocolate, it was a little bit too much for me
  • They are no more expensive, and are much more delicious

• by blunderkind

Drumstick cones have been around for a long time without any changes - they are a standard sugar cone filled with ice cream, except for a bit of fudge in the bottom, then dipped in chocolate and rolled in peanuts. This formula has worked well for years, but recently they have experimented with new types of Drumstick cones. One example is the new sprinkle-coated cone - rather than

rolling it in peanuts, the cone is rolled in chocolate and vanilla sprinkles. A variety pack offers variations with chocolate ice cream inside and another with a cherry center.

Since I do not like the peanut coating, I decided to give these new sprinkled types a try. The plain vanilla ice cream was my favorite. The sprinkles are very sweet and have a crunchy, cookie-like texture ...

• that add a lot to the cone. The cherry filled kind seemed like it would be good, but there was almost no cherry gel inside. Last, the chocolate filled type was tasty, but much sweeter than the other two. Although I enjoy chocolate, it was a little bit too much for me.

I would choose these cones over the normal peanut-covered variety. They are no more expensive,

and are much more delicious. They were very popular with our house-guests and made a nice summertime treat. The size is just right to be filling without being too heavy, and the variety pack comes with a total of eight. With their good price, and the variety making it harder to be burned out on them, these new Drumstick cones will be in my freezer very frequently now.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 276081224111131/k2311a086/8.6.10