Cox Internet Service in Fredericksburg, VA
1.5
  • When they do answer, the service people usually sound scripted - I am sorry to hear that you are having a problem with Cox service
  • While I am happy to have a cheap internet provider, the old saying that you get what you pay for definitely seems to hold true

• by blunderkind

Since I subscribe to Cox cable, I was offered a reasonable price on Cox’s basic internet service. The speeds are not great, and mostly meant for everyday activities like checking e-mail and surfing news sites. The upload speeds in particular are weak, and sometimes it takes me an hour to upload a few photographs under 1 megabyte in size. Still, it is a cheap service, at under $20 per month.

It seems like the internet has even more outages than Cox

cable does, and my cable goes out very frequently. Sometimes I am without cable for four hours a day, and without internet for six. Even a gentle rainstorm brings woes, and I end up sitting around waiting for the phone service group to pick up. When they do answer, the service people usually sound scripted - “I am sorry to hear that you are having a problem with Cox service…” or something similar is usually said when I report an ...

• issue - and I often get “accidentally disconnected,” and when I call back, some agents will insinuate my phone service is to blame and that I should bundle in my phone as well (I use a cellular phone with no issues, not a home phone).

While I am happy to have a cheap internet provider, the old saying that “you get what you pay for” definitely seems to hold true. I have a sluggish internet connection that is poor at best,

and a service team waiting to delay repairs and try to sell me more services to a plan I am already unhappy with. If I try to cancel my cable and internet, I am told that I am on a contract and fees will apply, something I was never told by the person that sold me the services - even when I blatantly asked if this would be a contract. Overall, this internet service is more frustrating than it is worthwhile.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 216081224081031/k2311a086/8.6.10