Barnes & Noble - NOOK 3G+WiFi eReader
1.0
  • I mean the idea of it was ok but for me I like to have a regular book n my hands
  • Even when I see the commercials for the E-Book readers, I’m not intrigued because it just takes away from the experience of reading a real book
  • It had more features on it than I thought it would and that shocked me
  • As far as the width was concerned, I didn’t have an issue with that part
  • After my trial use of it I found that it’s much more fun to use it while reading to my daughter

• by willyable

At first I wasn’t happy with the idea of my wife buying me a Barnes and Noble Nook. I mean the idea of it was ok but for me I like to have a regular book n my hands. There is nothing like turning the page and engaging in real pages. Even when I see the commercials for the E-Book readers, I’m not intrigued because it just takes away from the experience of reading a real book. And for $200, I’m not all that intrigued.

Well, despite how I felt, she still bought it. So I was obligated to at least try it out or I wouldn’t hear the end of it. I will admit that experiencing the Barnes and Noble Nook was ok. It wasn’t a bad thing I just feel as if it didn’t compare to reading a real book. It had more features on it than

I thought it would and that shocked me. I wasn’t expecting some of the things I got. I will say that collecting book on the Nook was easier than going to the book store. It helps me save the trip that I have to take but it still doesn’t match up.

Ok so here is what I at least liked about it. First off it was a decent size, in some ways it was a bit bulky in length. As far as the width was concerned, I didn’t have an issue with that part. It came with 2GB of space, so I figured that would be good enough for me to at least try it out. Put a few books on there and keep it pushing. (It was still corny by the way

I was taken aback by the 3G Wi-Fi wireless network card that came on it. I was able ...

• to connect Barnes and Noble and Download my book. Now this feature was neat and I really liked it out of everything else I found on this thing. This feature alone made reading and buying books a synch. I still AM NOT used to this thing though and I personally would rather go to the book store.

I’m going to tell you where I found it most convenient at. When my friends and I took a rode trip a few weeks back, I took the time to read my books on this thing. Now the thing that I did take into account was the fact that it had a no glare to it. So even when I was in the sun, I didn’t have trouble reading the so called “pages.” Shocked me because normally when I’m on my computer, this is a big issue for me.

There is a micro

USB cable that comes attached to it so I can hook it up to my computer if I wish. And plus this is the way that I charge it so it only makes sense to have on of these. It also comes with a rechargeable lithium battery as well.

It’s easy to use, everything about it is pretty much touch screen, expect for the side buttons, which are the ones that you press to navigate through your book pages.

After my trial use of it I found that it’s much more fun to use it while reading to my daughter. It supports all types of media formats so any book we look at, she can see her pictures. It comes off as a better child book reader than an adult book reader. I have a hard time excepting something that is taking away the quality of a paper back book.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 166081224011031/k2311a086/8.6.10