Marie Callender’s Home Style Creations Garlic Herb Chicken
  • I bought this lunch dish because I am familiar with Marie Callender frozen entrees and like them, so I figured the lunch selections would be good too
  • I like that on the outside of the package there is a breakdown of the nutritious value according to the food pyramid
  • In that regard, the preparation does take some effort, and I would not recommend this dish to be taken to work as people in line for the microwave would probably be annoyed that it's taking so long
  • Also, I paid almost $ 3.00 for this and that is a little steep in my opinion

• by Alexandra Heep

I bought this lunch dish because I am familiar with Marie Callender frozen entrees and like them, so I figured the lunch selections would be good too. I like that on the outside of the package there is a breakdown of the nutritious value according to the food pyramid: thirty percent grains, ten percent vegetables, and fifteen percent meat.

Now, you really need to read the instructions about how to prepare this item as there is a separate steamer dish.

Luckily the

instructions are on top.

There is a fill line pertaining to the steamer dish, but it is very hard to see - I had to feel around for the line.

Then you have to snap on the lid and microwave for three minutes and thirty seconds.

Then you have to drain the water out and hopefully you snapped the lid on tightly enough or your lunch will go down the drain - literally.

The next part I could not quite figure ...

• out - whether to heat the saucy meat part or not, but at the end of the instructions I finally saw that heating the sauce (which comes in a separate tray) is optional.

I chose to not heat the sauce as the noodles were quite hot after the recommended time of three minutes and thirty seconds.

This turned out to be the right decision as I was able to eat the meal right away - it was neither too hot nor too

cold.

I had this meal for dinner and it was quite tasty and filling enough.

In that regard, the preparation does take some effort, and I would not recommend this dish to be taken to work as people in line for the microwave would probably be annoyed that it’s taking so long.

Also, if you don’t have a sink available you won’t be able to make this.

Also, I paid almost $ 3 for this and that is a little steep in my opinion.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 276081223851031/k2311a086/8.6.10