Buffalo portable external hard drive 320 GB, Turbo USB with shock resistant chassis  » Hardware  »
  • I bought the hard drive at Low Yat Plaza in November 2009 after I experienced a limited storage space on the 150 GB hard disk on my computer
  • I do not experience any problems of the usage of this hard drive until now
  • For those people who like to download stuffs from the Internet, I would recommend a reliable, portable hard disk like Buffalo to backup your large important downloads

• by User

I bought the hard drive at Low Yat Plaza in November 2009 after I experienced a limited storage space on the 150 GB hard disk on my computer. I am tired of burning large data files into the DVDs such as videos and software and I wish I could backup up my data without any hassle. Thus, this external hard drive now met all my needs. Now I gained more pleasure viewing videos on hard drive because it will not jammed briefly halfway during playback like the DVDs in

the DVD drive or DVD-player which may be due to improper burning. It takes less time to backup because its transfer speed is about 20 MB/s. This is very fast as compared to burning DVDs and copying files to a flash disk (9 MB/s).

This hard disk is extremely compact and easy to use. Its usage is just like a larger version of a flash drive. The shock resistant chassis gives some protection to my hard drive in case I dropped it. It contains the Memeo backup software and ...

• data encryption software for me to backup my data easily and protect my contents from being accessed by unauthorised people. Another good feature about this hard drive is that it has 3 year limited-warranty. I do not experience any problems of the usage of this hard drive until now.

However, if you put your computer to sleep, hibernate, or shut down with the portable hard disk still connected to the computer, your computer will not be able to detect the hard disk next time you start up unless you remove

and plug it to the computer again. This hard disk is quite big and is not as portable as normal flash drive. If you managed to squeeze it into your pocket, you can feel the weight of the hard drive pulling your trousers down. I wish there will be even a smaller and lighter version of the hard disk where I can carry around easily.

For those people who like to download stuffs from the Internet, I would recommend a reliable, portable hard disk like Buffalo to backup your large important downloads.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 336081223771031/k2311a086/8.6.10