Faircrea White Pressed Powder  » Cosmetics  »
  • The only problem was the shade wasn't right of rme and it appeared quite pinkish when applied to my skin
  • You wouldn't see any pores and I think they're non-comedogenic (non pore-clogging) and it doesn't look garish or too bright even under direct sunlight
  • It's a very good product and I like the use of it, I can use it dryly or wetly but the color wasn't right for me so after testing it I seldom use it, only when I'm out walking the dog or doing errands do I use this

• by shunnem

My mom told me this was a good brand, but honestly I’ve never heard of it. Apparently it was also made in Japan and one of Kanebo’s products, so I agreed and used this one which she had bought for me. The only problem was the shade wasn’t right of rme and it appeared quite pinkish when applied to my skin.

My mother bought this for me because the compact inside was really nice and big; I use Shu’s compact powder and the case is an elegant glossy black, but the inside was small. Here the compact is slightly bigger and it has much more space especially on the sponge part, and the inside casing is made of white plasic so the powder doesn’t show at all and it doesn’t look dirty compared to my black Shu compact case, which has lots of powder marks inside and it looks totally dirty.

I also like the sponge here because it’s flatter, thinner, and softer than Shu Uemura’s. They are both made in

Japan but they are competing with each other and they both have a great line of products.

When I first looked at the compact I already knew the powder wasn’t the right shade for me since my mother bought it for me from abroad, but I still gave it a try. The powder was really thick and dusty and it was sticking well on my face. I used this dryly and wetly and have different but good results from both of them. The powder when used dry is safer and quicker and you won’t have to worry about the powder being wiped off easily as it has a very thick and dusty texture; the color wasn’t right for me but we already know that, so no use comparing the color on my face but I’ll just describe the qualities. It made my face look smooth and matte and it was really natural-looking (even at a wrong shade for me!). You wouldn’t see any pores and I think they’re non-comedogenic (non ...

• pore-clogging) and it doesn’t look garish or too bright even under direct sunlight.

Now I’ve used this wetly and it’s even better - you really won’t have to worry about reapplying because when I wet the sponge and used this on my face, the powder was really strong and reliable and they wouldn’t show signs of being dusty and being rubbed off easily. When uesd wetly it’s perfect for applying even eyeshadows and blush after they’ve completely dried because the foundation of the powder is already stuck to your skin, the water made them really sticky and now they’re not dusty so in the long run, you can wear this for several hours without reapplying, I only apply this on my nose after because it’s my nose that tends to get the shiniest after a couple of hours!

You would however need to have a good makeup remover or cleansing cream for this. You can use Pond’s makeup-remover towelettes for initial cleaning, then I use my Kanebo cleansing cream or

Pond’s cold cream, any cleansing cream will do for this actually, and after the cleansing cream I use a very foamy facial wash to totally wipe any powder residue away. It’s a long process when used wetly but it’s a good makeup that’s long-lasting so cleaning it off will be your sacrifice in making you pretty.

It’s a very good product and I like the use of it, I can use it dryly or wetly but the color wasn’t right for me so after testing it I seldom use it, only when I’m out walking the dog or doing errands do I use this. Had my mother bought the right color for me I would have used it but it makes my skin appear quite pinkish, it wouldn’t be obvious when I also apply some on my neck but I just don’t want my face to look pinkish when all of my limbs are whiter, so it’s too bad this was the wrong shade, otherwise it would have been really great and reliable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315081223430931/k2311a085/8.5.10