Psych TV Episode: Chivalry is Not Dead, But Someone Is  » TV  »
  • But, for some reason, I honestly did not enjoy this one as much as I thought I would
  • There were some interesting moments in this episode, mostly surrounding Shawn and Gus dating the woman and her friend to get clues and Shawn ending up poisoned while Gus just cannot succeed with the woman’s friend
  • But, I have definitely seen better ones from this series so I have to say, overall, I was disappointed in it

• by Review Vigilante

Well, after fighting the kids to bed last night, I was able to tune in to watch the new episode of Psych called Chivalry is Not Dead, But Someone Is. Perhaps I was a bit tired. But, for some reason, I honestly did not enjoy this one as much as I thought I would.

It was OK but I didn’t find myself glad I stayed up to watch it rather than just record it

and watch it later. Basically, Shawn and Gus investigate the murder of a young man who was dating an older woman.

She is the police’s suspect but they believe the murder is actually the result of another suitor who runs a class on how to pick up women. There were some interesting moments in this episode, mostly surrounding Shawn and Gus dating the woman and her friend to get clues and Shawn ending up ...

• poisoned while Gus just cannot succeed with the woman’s friend.

But, I have to tell you, the episode really didn’t seem to have the same magic many others from this series have. I did like the fact we finally got to see Chief Vick again, even though it was only for a few minutes.

I was a bit afraid they quietly wrote her off the show. But, that part where Shawn’s dad suggests Shawn

and Gus and Lassiter and Juliet team up against each other just seemed a bit forced.

I would think, if you are hiring a consultant, you would want them working with the police, not against them. This wasn’t a terrible episode.

But, I have definitely seen better ones from this series so I have to say, overall, I was disappointed in it. It is probably worth watching at least once.

But, I wouldn’t go out of my way to do it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 105081223310931/k2311a085/8.5.10