Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator  » Electronics  »
  • It was not as hard to get this set up to do physics and for the $100 I paid for it I was pretty happy
  • Still I do not think I would recommend this calculator for a high school student unless they knew that
  • I was really impressed with the screen resolution

• by makeithappen

I got the Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator because I was taking a Physics coarse in college. I was very nervous when I first got it because it looked so complicated.

I had to purchase a graph link so I could work with physics on this calculator.

I was pretty happy.

I would say the A I got in my physics course was in good part due to having a good and upgradable calculator.

I did need to use basic computer language to learn to use this calculator but it was not that hard to do because there was a very good instruction book and quick find card that came with it.

Still I do not ...

• think I would recommend this calculator for a high school student unless they knew that.

I was really impressed with the screen resolution.

This one has a larger screen so you can see more on it than you can with others.

Also I always get annoyed when I have to change batteries but this calculator has an automatic shut off to save power.

I used it all through the

course and I did not have any problems or need to change the battery.

I feel like this is the most durable calculator that I have owned.

I have dropped it a few times and had it in my back pack in all kinds of weather and it is still in great shape.

I do use screen protectors for the screen as well and that helps keep it in really nice condition.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 165081223260931/k2311a085/8.5.10