Condition by Clairol 3-in-1 Extra Hold Hair Spray
  • The store I went to was all out of my regular hair spray, so I decided to just pick up the cheapest hair spray I could find in order to get me by until I could find my usual brand I saw a big can of Condition by Clairol 3-in-1 hairspray and it looked good to me, especially since it cost under $3
  • I liked the idea of a hairspray with added conditioner since most hairsprays add to the dryness problem of my hair
  • I need the hold, though, and I like to use hairspray especially at the roots for extra lift
  • The first thing I noticed was that the hairspray was aerosol, which I normally was not a big fan of
  • I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for an unscented (with a slight scent) aerosol hairspray that will leave you hair soft while offering light hold

• by mariekay

Recently I was shopping and needed to pick up some more hairspray since I was running low on my regular brand. The store I went to was all out of my regular hair spray, so I decided to just pick up the cheapest hair spray I could find in order to get me by until I could find my usual brand

I saw a big can of Condition by Clairol 3-in-1 hairspray and it looked good to me, especially since it cost under $3. The label said that the hairspray would offer hold, and also condition the hair, which I also needed. My hair is naturally curly and pretty dry, so it can become frizzy if I don’t condition it enough. I liked the idea of a hairspray with added

conditioner since most hairsprays add to the dryness problem of my hair. I need the hold, though, and I like to use hairspray especially at the roots for extra lift.

The first thing I noticed was that the hairspray was aerosol, which I normally was not a big fan of. I usually used a pump spray just because I like it better than getting sticky spray everywhere. The hairspray claimed to be unscented, which was a plus for me, but when I sprayed it ,I did notice a slight scent. Not that it was overpowering, it was quite light, but to say on the label that it is unscented is rather misleading, especially when it lists fragrance as one of the ingredients. But, I did like that it didn’t ...

• have a heavy smell to it.

The hairspray came out in a fine mist, and it didn’t leave my hair overly wet. I liked the way it sprayed out lightly. It did take more of the product than I thought it would to achieve the desired amount of hold, though. This product didn’t have as much holding power as the spray I was used to using. After several applications, however, it did seem to keep my hair in place. It offers flexible hold, which I like. I like my hair to be able to move around and not be sticky or stiff.

I sprayed mostly at the roots, and I did get some lift. But, a few hours later, my hair was rather flat on top.

This product did not compare to what I was used to, which was all-day hold. As far as conditioning…I’m not sure if it did anything to condition my hair. I think it just left it feeling soft because the hold was not that strong. This hairspray would be good for someone who wants a very light hold and no stiffness or “crunch” to their hair.

Overall I still think this product is a good value because it’s so inexpensive. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for an unscented (with a slight scent) aerosol hairspray that will leave you hair soft while offering light hold. It did okay as a substitute for my regular brand, but now I only use it if I run out and need a quick replacement.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315081223250931/k2311a085/8.5.10