Nurta-Nail 30 second cuticle remover  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • I like to keep my cuticles in good shape, and I can’t stand it when they get ragged
  • The product cost about $7, so it was a bit on the high side for me
  • But I bought it anyway because I wanted to see if it would really work and save me time on dealing with my cuticles
  • Plus, I thought it would be kinder to my fingers since there would be no actual cutting involved
  • But, I would not recommend it to anyone who is looking for something that actually removes the cuticle skin

• by mariekay

I always try to take good care of my nails. Because of this, I find myself spending a lot of time filing, polishing, buffing, clipping, and all kinds of other things to my nails. I like to keep my cuticles in good shape, and I can’t stand it when they get ragged. I usually use a cuticle nippers to remove the dead skin from around my cuticles. This works okay, but it can be time-consuming. So when I saw this cuticle remover that claimed to remove my cuticles in 30 seconds, I was excited to give it a try. The product cost about $7, so it was a bit on the high side for me. But I bought it anyway because I wanted to

see if it would really work and save me time on dealing with my cuticles. Plus, I thought it would be kinder to my fingers since there would be no actual cutting involved.

The product is applied with a brush, so the first time I used it, I brushed the product over my cuticles and waited. I guess I expected them to magically fall off or something ,which did not happen. Since the label on the product said it was a cuticle remover, I thought that by rubbing it in, the whole cuticle would fall off and be removed. What the product does is to soften them to the point where they can easily be pushed back. I found myself still needing to clip them even after I ...

• applied the product because I still had extra skin in the cuticle area. That being said, this product did make the skin very soft and pliable and easy to cut. There were less jagged edges and no dry, rough skin around my nails. So, for a cuticle softener, this product works great. I do not think, however, that it should be called a “cuticle remover” since it doesn’t really remove anything. I know some people are happy to just have that area smoothed out, but I like my cuticles to be completely gone, nonexistant.

So, I can recommend this product to anyone who is looking for something to soften the cuticles. This product does a good job of that and also it seems gentle on my

nails and doesn’t sting or burn like some other products that I have used in the past. The product also has no real scent to speak of, which I liked since there was no chemical smell. But, I would not recommend it to anyone who is looking for something that actually removes the cuticle skin. To get that accomplished, I still has to cut the cuticles. So, for me, this product wasn’t worth the money I spent on it. I works okay, but I will not be repurchasing and will go back to clipping my cuticles with a tool like I had done before. Don’t expect to be able to ditch your cuticle nippers and replace them with this product - it doesn’t work like that.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315081223240931/k2311a085/8.5.10