Camp Sabros, Davao del Sur  » Travel  »
Kapatagan, Digos City, Davao del Sur, Davao, Philippines
  • It was already school vacation last year when my friends and I decided to go to Camp Sabros in Davao del Sur just to experience the much raved-about zip line
  • It was really quick but I enjoyed it a lot
  • If we have more time, we would definitely go back there

• by labeya17

It was already school vacation last year when my friends and I decided to go to Camp Sabros in Davao del Sur just to experience the much raved-about zip line. We made all the needed reservations and got on the plane to Davao del Sur. To reach our destination which is Kapatagan, we had to ride a bus for about an hour from Davao to Digos city. From there, another bus ride going to the Mt. Apo National Park checkpoint. It was a very tiring and long trip. It was a good thing that we were able to sleep on the plane.

When we got there, we found out there are several ways for us to reach the camp. Many people chose to go trekking but we were already too tired from the trip so

we just rented horses to bring us there. It was a very fun adventure. We were riding on a horse and I felt as if I were Daisy Dukes in a cowboy movie. The horses were very huge but they were nice. They were not reacting differently towards us. There was a guide that came with us and he also looked after the horses. We were lucky that it not very hot during that time we got there. There was a cool breeze blowing on our faces and it just felt wonderful. It felt as if I was one with nature.

We were finally able to reach the camp after several minutes. We paid the staff P300. 00 each because we wanted to experience the zip line individually. The P300.00 that we paid is ...

• good for one person only and at has a longer length of 400 meters and I would be flying at double speed. I was really nervous while I was putting on the support because I would be zipping alone. I had a lot of thoughts on my mind. I was thinking what if the cables break or something to that effect. The staff assured me that the zip line was really safe. He must have seen the worried look on my face. I slowly glide over the pine trees and I could feel the air blowing on my face which calmed me. I felt really good. I felt as if I was a bird flying freely over everyone else. There was an adrenaline rush and I could not help myself from smiling because the
        view from up there was beautiful. I could see everything from down below. The zip line only lasted for a minute or so. It was really quick but I enjoyed it a lot. I enjoyed seeing the beauty of nature. I waited for my other friends to arrive and when we were complete, the cable car came to pick us up. It was very nice to share this wonderful experience with all of my friends.

There were a lot to see in the camp but it was already late when we finished the zip line. It was a very wonderful experience for all of us. It gave us the feeling that as if we were one with nature and we appreciated its beauty even more. If we have more time, we would definitely go back there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 385081223210931/k2311a085/8.5.10