Uluru - Kata Tjuta National Park, Australia  » Travel  »
Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Northern Territory, Australia
  • I chose to have a guided tour around the rock and was pleasantly surprised at how interesting it was
  • I was very impressed at how well preserved and protected this area is

• by Karen22

I was lucky enough to visit Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park on my last trip to Australia. This park is home to Uluru, also-known-as Ayers Rock. It’s a monolith and really quite breaktaking to see in person.

There are many guided tours throughout the park but you can also venture out on your own. Since I’m not native to Australia and wanted to learn more about the outback,

I opted for a guided tour.

The rangers really urge you not to climb Uluru although there is the option to. I chose to have a guided tour around the rock and was pleasantly surprised at how interesting it was.

We saw numerous species of plants, spiders and birds and our guide could identify each one. The walk was quite long, as Uluru is quite large,

• and I had a fantastic time.

Another great thing about this park is the sunset viewing of Uluru. There is a special place to view Uluru during the sunset, as it changes color.

You are told to take a picture every 2 minutes as the sun sets and watch the colors change from orange to a deep red. The photos I now have are priceless and

a really great reminder of what a wonderful place this park is.

Kata Tjuta another group of monoliths which are just as spectacular but not as well known as Uluru. This national park is a must see in Australia.

I was very impressed at how well preserved and protected this area is. It will be just as impressive for generations to come because of the care that goes into ensuring its beauty.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 385081223170931/k2311a085/8.5.10