Breyers Brownie Mud Pie Overload!
2.0
  • I'm not convinced it was even worth the sale price because this ice cream disappointed me for a couple of reasons
  • This ice cream could have been delicious had more chocolate coated almonds been tossed in, had there been more patches of chocolate brownies in the ice cream and had there been more caramel intermixed with the chocolate ice cream

• by CirclingCanvas

Breyers Brownie Mud Pie Overload! didn’t taste quite as good as I thought it would when I picked up the the one-point five quart for two dollars and fifty cents. It was on sale at the time and regular price was about three dollars and thirty cents. I’m glad I was able to get it on sale because it wouldn’t have been worth full price. I’m not convinced it was even worth the sale price because this ice cream disappointed me for a couple of reasons.

A

primary reason I was not overly satisfied with this ice cream is because the chocolate coated almonds were few and far in between. I didn’t taste very many chocolate coated almonds in the one-point five quart, and that was unfortunate because the chocolate coated almonds were good! The almonds were crunchy and tasty, and the chocolate shell went well with the flavor of the almonds. Almonds and chocolate make for a tasty twosome and I also like the crunchiness that they added to the otherwise smooth ...

• and creamy ice cream. More almonds then were needed, and something else that was needed was patches of chocolate brownies. The chocolate brownie patches in the chocolate ice cream were rich and offered a stronger chocolaty burst that was pleasant to the taste. Yet unfortunately, they were too sporadic. Speaking of sporadic, the amount of caramel in the ice cream was disappointing too, with just a little caramel taste here and there.

had there been more patches of chocolate brownies in the ice cream and had there been more caramel intermixed with the chocolate ice cream. There was too little of all that stuff, and because there was too little, my enjoyment of the ice cream was seriously hampered. The amount of flavor offered by this ice cream could have been explosive, but instead, it was more of a dud due to stinginess. I feel that a “4″ rating is fair considering the lackluster quality of this ice cream.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 275081223070931/k2311a085/8.5.10