Drawn to Life for Nintendo DS  » Games  »
  • The visual style of the game is interesting
  • Unfortunately, the developers seem to have put most of their time into the concept of drawing one's own game, and not much time into the plot itself
  • It gets unbearably boring shortly into the game, and I found myself devoting more time into perfecting every little item I could draw than I spent actually furthering the story line

• by blunderkind

Drawn to Life is a novel approach to classic platforming games. Much like Mario, Crash Bandicoot, and Sonic the Hedgehog, the main character of Drawn to Life has to hop around, use gadgets, and clear levels to save the world. But unlike other games, Drawn to Life enables the player to make their own world. Bigger details, like the main character him (or

her) self, can be fully designed by the player, as can little things like platforms.

The visual style of the game is interesting. The hand-drawn details by the player blend in well with the rest of the scenery, no matter how unusual it is. The motion of the main character the player draws is a little stiff, but does not seem too bad in comparison to the rest of the game. Overall, the colors are bright and cheerful, to match the music.

Unfortunately, the developers seem to have put most of their time into the concept of drawing one’s own game, and not much time into the plot itself. While a generic “save the world” plot can be expected in this type of game, the Drawn to Life ...

• Drawn to Life for Nintendo DS
      world is too dull to pull in even the most eager of gaming fans. It gets unbearably boring shortly into the game, and I found myself devoting more time into perfecting every little item I could draw than I spent actually furthering the story line.

This is a fun way to feel creative without having to program your own game. But beyond that, Drawn to

Life is a very limited game. I had a lot of fun making my own vehicles, characters, and scenery, but once I actually started playing the game with those features in it I lost all of that interest. I would only give this a 6/10 for how creative and unique of a game it is, yet for how much it lacks in plot and replay value.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 285081223010931/k2311a085/8.5.10