Posietint Lip and Cheek Tint by Benefit  » Cosmetics  »
  • I love that it is such a breeze to apply too
  • The best thing about Posietint however is its longevity
  • As a lipstain, I like the Body Shop's Lip and Cheek stain better because I prefer a more reddish stain on my lips
  • The only thing about Posietint that I don't like is its packaging
  • It is one of those products I would definitely buy again

• by ascendant

Posietint is a petal pink liquid lip and cheek stain that was released by the company Benefit sometime in 2008. However, as we do not have a Benefit boutique anywhere on these islands, I had to have a friend of mine buy this for me in Macy’s in the States and I was able to get my hands on it only last year. In any case, this product is worth the wait. The shade is so easy to wear and after using it for quite some time, I would have to say that it is probably the one makeup in my arsenal that makes me look pretty no matter what I have on. As a cheek stain, the color is a bit sheer on the first application and I can hardly see the effect but a few more swipes of the product and the result is a beautiful and quite

natural shade of pink. I especially like it because a few swipes on the cheeks make me look and feel all made up. I find that this product really comes in handy on mornings when I don’t have time to put anything else on my face. I love that it is such a breeze to apply too. The instructions say to brush three strokes on the apple of your cheeks and blend quickly with fingertips. What I do however is to dot five small circles on one cheek before I blend with my fingertips.

The best thing about Posietint however is its longevity. I only have to apply it in the morning and I’m good for the entire day. The product stays put on my cheeks and only comes off when I get home to wash my face. As a lipstain, I like the Body Shop’s Lip and Cheek stain better ...

• because I prefer a more reddish stain on my lips. Also, I find that Posietint does not have as much staying power on the lips as it does on the cheeks. In any event, I still use Posietint both as lip and cheek stain especially on weekends when I don’t really put a lot of makeup on. I find that it can be a bit drying on the lips so I always top it off with lipbalm. On days when I’m feeling flirty, I substitute lipbalm with lipgloss like Lancome Juicy Tubes and it really makes my lips stand out.

The only thing about Posietint that I don’t like is its packaging. The product comes in an opaque, shiny metallic pink bottle with a cheap looking, built-in brush in the cap. The brush is actually similar to that of nail-polish brush. The way the bottle is designed makes it difficult

for me to see how much product I have left. The first time I laid eyes on it, I thought the packaging really looks cute especially since it was pink but over time, I grew to dislike it especially when the white markings on the bottle itself began to chip off. My bottle now looks ugly. At 28usd for a 12.5ml bottle, it’s also kind of pricey but it’s actually worth it because I only use a small amount each time. I highly recommend this product as the shade looks very attractive especially on women who are in their teens up to their thirties who have fair to medium skin tone. It is one of those products I would definitely buy again. Now if only I can find another friend to get it for me abroad… For reasons of packaging and availability, I took two points from giving it an otherwise perfect rating.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315081222900831/k2311a085/8.5.10