Maytag JetClean Plus Dishwasher Unit  » Housewares  »
  • I never knew that washing your dishes could cost so much
  • Don’t get me wrong I like this dishwasher and most of the time I use it but for the price, it doesn’t do what I thought it was going to do
  • First of all I think that the size of it was perfect
  • So this was a plus and I thought that this was an important feature

• by willyable

Well my wife and I had our favorite dishwasher for well over 6 years. I mean we had fell so in love with this dishwasher that we didn’t even buy a new one when we got our new home. It finally died and we had to bury it and move on. It was a sad day but we agreed that we would buy a Maytag and something good. I didn’t have time to actually sit ad spend money on a dud. So I went ahead and bought the Maytag JetClean Plus Dishwasher Unit which was well over $1500. I never knew that washing your dishes could cost so much. Really I didn’t understand the price of it and to this day I don’t have any clue why they sell this thing for what they do. Don’t get me wrong I like this dishwasher and most

of the time I use it but for the price, it doesn’t do what I thought it was going to do.

So lets talk about what we liked about this dishwasher. First of all I think that the size of it was perfect. It measured out to be 24” which was the right for us. We didn’t have to do much adjustment to our kitchen cabinet. So this was a plus and I thought that this was an important feature.

Another thing that I liked about this dishwasher was that it actually an energy star rated dishwasher. How great is that, has it saved on our electric bill? I mean I see a few drops In my electric bill but not much. But that is here or there. I will say that I think it lacks some things that my other dishwasher didn’t have. One ...

• of the things were is the pull door handle, I didn’t like that it was rounded instead of rectangular. I’m not sure how I got used to it but I did. Another thing that is really funky about the Maytag JetClean Plus Dishwasher Unit is that there are absolutely no freaking buttons on the door. What is that about? I mean I had to adjust to using the buttons on the top. It only has 5 cycles which is something else I wasn’t use to either. I had one more cycle that allowed me to quickly wash my cups and spoons/forks. It was odd for me but I had to learn how to be patient when it came to this dishwasher.

There is also a thermal drying action that makes up for the quick wash. It actually using an internal heat setup to dry

the dishes quicker. I think this is a good thing because it also helps to sanitize the dishes.

The upper rack that is located inside the dishwasher is adjustable. There is a bottom rack as well that is big enough to stick about 15 plates in. (depending on what type of plates you use)

The neatest feature that I did enjoy was the silverware blast. We use to have trouble getting our forks and spoons cleaned by our older dishwasher because the cleaner just wasn’t strong enough. And plus we had one spray option. With this dishwasher there is a silverware blast that cleans only the silverware.

So the Maytag JetClean Plus Dishwasher Unit is one of a kind and that is something that I can say. It was high in price but so far it gets all my dishes clean and that’s all that matters.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 535081222880831/k2311a085/8.5.10