Philips HP6513 Rechargeable Epilator
  • I bought the Philips HP6513 Rechargeable Epilator after looking and testing out quite a few others in the market
  • It is not pain-free but compared to waxing, I think this one is more tolerable
  • But for now, since it doesn't cause me to bleed, have nicks, chicken skin, or ingrown hair, I still highly recommend this

• by ablosh

I bought the Philips HP6513 Rechargeable Epilator after looking and testing out quite a few others in the market. For many years, I have used the razor to remove hair on my legs and tweezers to remove hairs in my armpit. However, these always gave me bumps with ingrown hairs and chicken skin.

A friend told me about epilators and how they made hair-removal much easier. I bought the Philips HP6513 Rechargeable Epilator for around 130 dollars, and

though it might seem costly, I can say it’s worth every dollar!

I just glide the epilator up one of my legs and feel a slight prickling pain, but I can actually see the leg hairs are instantly plucked wherever the epilator goes. There is an ice pack included in the kit and I usually leave it in the refrigerator and just attach to the epilator whenever I need to pluck fine little hairs to numb the pain. I use it for more sensitive areas to make epilating more bearable. It is not pain-free but compared to waxing, I think this one is more tolerable.

Clean-up is easy as the head is removable and I just use the brush (included in the kit) or when I’m being lazy, I just place it under the faucet so that water will wash away the hair. Also, this unit is rechargeable so it’s super easy to use even when ...

• Philips HP6513 Rechargeable Epilator
      I’m far from a socket. I just charge it and then unplug and use it in the bathroom. It only lasts for about 20 minutes, so there’s a need for batteries with longer lives too.

Although it is a breeze to use, sometimes I still need to do it over to make sure I get all the hair, so there is still need for improvement there. Also hair should be about a third of half an inch long

or else the epilator can’t get it. I’m still hoping they come up with one that can get even the shortest hairs. But for now, since it doesn’t cause me to bleed, have nicks, chicken skin, or ingrown hair, I still highly recommend this.

As the epilator also pulls hair from the roots, so it takes longer, maybe a week or two to grow back. And for that time, feel free to wear shorts, skirts and cute dresses!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 165081222780831/k2311a085/8.5.10