Proton Wira 1.5 GL Manual Sedan
2.5
  • During these 15 years of usage and driving, I do experience various problems
  • All in all, I would not recommend the Proton Wira car although it is affordable

• by User

My family bought the car in 1995 and still using it until now. The car has some of its brown paint scrapped off but we do not mind its appearance. The side of car is especially fragile and it is dented in a few places at the backside. The rear bumper of the car has now fallen off. There is no wiper at the back of the car. The cargo space at the back of the car is enough to hold small size luggage. Other people did say
      that the automatic gear box consumes more fuel than manual gear box but I don’t think so. For me, this car is now less fuel-efficient than my Toyota Hilux pickup truck which has an automatic gear box. Cassette-radio combo player is the only player installed in this car. This is quite inconvenient to me because most music available nowadays is in CD forms.

During these 15 years of usage and driving, I do experience various problems. The braking system is not as efficient as other cars as it has only 2 disc brakes at the front wheels. Therefore, I have to start breaking quite a long distance before I reach a full stop. Years of wear and tear of the car has made my driving even more difficult. The air-conditioning system in the car failed a few times. The air coming out from the air condition was hot on a hot day and I had to pay to fix them. The flaps of the air condition are damaged after years of usage. The car has 2 ...

• Proton Wira 1.5 GL Manual Sedan
      power windows at front doors and 2 manual windows at the back. The power windows failed. Instead of paying a heft some amount of money to repair them, I wish I could switch them to manual windows where such windows would have no risk of failing.

A few days ago, one of the tyres went flat after I inflated it at a petrol station and left it in my garage overnight. I have the tyre checked with a mechanic but they found no leakage on the tyre or any damage on the injection opening. I wonder how the tyres went flat without any reason. The car is extremely prone to breakdown if I speed up my air condition fan or I release my clutch a bit more quickly.

All in all, I would not recommend the Proton Wira car although it is affordable. Problems will manifest after a year or two after purchase. The reason why my parents still keep this car is to help my siblings to practice driving manual cars to pass their driving license exam.

Manjit Singh says :

I’m using proton wira for 18 years and still going strong. Yes i’ve repaired aircon, top overhaul and other minor things but it is minor and inexpensive.My odometer showed 400,000 km….Its a durable car.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 95081222770831/k2311a085/8.5.10