Wilton Chocolate Pro Melting Pot  » Housewares  »
  • I saw this melting pot at a friends house when she was hosting a party, and I bought one for myself the next day
  • I found it at the grocery store for under $20, so I purchased it
  • What I like about it is that it keeps the cheese warm, but not overly hot to the point that it gets thick and crusty
  • Overall, I think this is a great product, and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for an alternative to a crock pot for keeping chocolate and other foods and dips warm or hot for long periods of time
  • At under $20, I consider this product to be a good value for the money

• by mariekay

I saw this melting pot at a friends house when she was hosting a party, and I bought one for myself the next day. My friend had this bowl full of melted chocolate, with strawberries and cake pieces placed next to it for dipping. Everyone was commenting on how good it was, and I knew it would be perfect for when we hosted our own parties. I found it at the grocery store for under $20, so I purchased it. I tried it out right when I got home. The product melts chocolate perfectly and keeps it at a consistent warm temperature the whole time it’s turned on. The warmer has two heat settings, high and low. I have found that the chocolate

gets very hot on the high setting, so I normally keep it on low.

The melting pot is attractive with a design similar to that of a coffee pot, but it’s opaque brown, and stands on rubber feet. This prevents the pot from slipping on a surface such as a counter top or a table. The melting pot can be used to dip fruit or other items into, or it also has a pour spout for drizzling chocolate or other coatings over food items like pretzels or candy.

Since I purchased this product, I have found other uses for it, too. It also works well for dips such as cheese for nachos. What I like about it is that it keeps the cheese warm, but not overly hot ...

• to the point that it gets thick and crusty. This melting pot works great on the low setting for cheese and other warm dips. I use this melting pot for various things when I have parties. We love to use it just for our own family, too…for sweet treats or nachos.

To melt chocolate, I place the chips in the pot and set it on high to melt. It usually takes a while to get the chips completely melted into a smooth sauce, about 30 minutes or so. I stir every 5 minutes to speed up the process. Then I turn it on low and it keeps the chocolate at a nice warm temperature. The unit is sturdy and heavy-duty, and has

held up well over time. Another thing I like is that the inner bowl is removable for easy cleaning. I put it right in the dishwasher and it cleans up well every time. The unit is small enough that storage is easy, as it doesn’t take up too much room.

Overall, I think this is a great product, and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for an alternative to a crock pot for keeping chocolate and other foods and dips warm or hot for long periods of time. At under $20, I consider this product to be a good value for the money. I have gotten a lot of use out of it, and plan to use it for a long time to come.

Lois says :

I have had my Wilton Chocolate Pro for 2 years. Have only used it at Christmas time. I went to clean it to put it away for another time, and the plastic on the handle just chipped off in the sink. And, looking on line, I don’t see that you can get another one to replace it. I am going to try to glue it, but I was going to buy a new pot for the Pro. I can’t believe that with that little use it broke off. I can still use it, but it will get very messy with part of the handle exposed. I think I will look for one that I can get replacement parts. It’s waistful to buy a new one when this one works fine except the plastic can not handle the heat.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 535081222700831/k2311a085/8.5.10