Consumer Cellular  » Cellular services  »
0.5
  • Since it was a Sunday, Consumer Cellular was not available to take care of the problem

• by Snowflake

The main reason why we switched to Consumer Cellular is because we did not want to be stuck in a contract. When the free phone arrived, battery died after only 1 day. Since it was a Sunday, Consumer Cellular was not available to take care of the problem. We went to a local battery store and paid for a new battery. The phone then worked for only 1 more day. When we tried to turn the phone on the next morning, it would not turn on again!

On Monday when Consumer Cellular’s customer service was available, we called to discuss the

problem with the new phone not turning on. They refused to reimburse us for the new battery and they refused to send out a new phone. The local store gave us a full refund for the new battery. But we were still stuck with a phone that did not turn on.

We called Consumer Cellular to cancel the account and they said we did not need to return the unusable phone. We went back to our old cell phone company, T-Mobile, to buy a new phone from them and get our phone number transferred back so we could keep the same ...

• number. T-Mobile called Consumer Cellular and had to fight with them for almost a half hour just to get them to push a button to transfer our number back to T-Mobile!

A couple weeks later we got a letter from Consumer Cellular along with a shipping label to send back the useless phone. They said we could keep the phone, and luckily we decided to keep it for awhile. If we would have thrown out the useless phone, then they would have forced us to pay full price for the useless phone that does not work.

The following month we received

our bill for two weeks of service. We were much luckier than other people. We discovered that many other people who cancel service with Consumer Cellular continue to get charged monthly. It’s not uncommon for Consumer Cellular to charge people around 100 to 200 dollars monthly even after closing the account! Some people have had the charges continue to be charged to their credit cards several months after canceling service!

Consumer Cellular is very deceiving, they lie to customers, and their customer service is terrible. Avoid Consumer Cellular! They only cause people a lot of stress and they are very expensive.

Cynthus says :

re : Since it was a Sunday, Consumer Cellular was not available to take care of the problem
    I did have problems with Consumer Cellular at first, however I had no trouble contacting a service representative after hours. I wonder if their service has changed since your experience with them? I know that I was able to get my problems fixed and I pay much less than my current cell provider. My cell provider wouldn’t even talk to me about lowering my rate, they only wanted to make it higher.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 223081222140231/k2311a083/8.3.10