The Body Shop Olive Body Butter  » Cosmetics  »
  • I like that it smelled just right—neither too sweet nor too strong nor too weak
  • However, what I don't like about it is that it left my skin sticky the next day
  • What I found about this product is that it not work well during humid weather
  • I think this product is better suited to someone with dry to extremely dry skin
  • I will definitely not repurchase this product in the future

• by ascendant

It’s never fun to go shopping in SM Bicutan because there aren’t that many shops and those already existing do not really sell great merchandise. In any event, I agreed to meet up with a friend there and while waiting, I first wandered about the mall. While window shopping, I came upon The Body Shop which had an on-going sale and on a whim, I purchased their Olive Body Butter. Of the many choices I had (Nut, Mango, Grapeseed, Shea, and Cocoa Butter), I chose Olive because it for me had the most pleasant homey smell.

I like that it smelled just right—neither too sweet nor too strong

nor too weak. It is a body butter made for normal to dry skin which is exactly the kind of skin I have and that day, I went out the store thinking I had gotten a good deal. When I got home that night, I scooped out a little bit of product out of the tub and applied it on my legs.

The body butter had a rich, smooth and creamy texture which glided easily on my skin. The product had enough oil in it so that a little bit was enough to cover a wide area of skin. The product is also fast absorbing.

However, what I don’t like about it is that it left my skin sticky the next day. It was a hot summer day and I felt that my legs kind of stuck to each other and I could not wait to jump in the shower to wash whatever product was left on my skin. Even if I applied it right after a bath, the effects were the same.

My legs felt warm and uncomfortable inside my jeans. What I found about this product is that it not work well during humid weather. However, I tried it on the cracked heels of my feet which had been ...

• The Body Shop Olive Body Butter
      aching for a while and covered it with socks and I like that when I woke up the next day, my heels were so much smoother and the cracks were not as pronounced.

I think this product is better suited to someone with dry to extremely dry skin. Overall, I think that this is a good product for really cold days but on humid days, I think I’ll just go with my favourite Lubriderm lotion.

Since I only paid 350php for this, I don’t feel bad that I wasn’t able to finish my tub and had to retire it before it was even half empty.

The cold

months are coming anyway and I could always use this product on my feet. In terms of texture, I much prefer Victoria’s Secret Body Butter with its whipped butter consistency because it feels lighter and more luxurious than this one. On the other hand, I prefer this product to any of Marks and Spencer’s body butter.

Packaging is also blah. It’s just a plastic tub with a screw cap. I was hoping to discover a quality about this product that stands out but I found none.

For me, it’s just a mediocre body butter that will please anyone who favors an olive fragrance. I will definitely not repurchase this product in the future.

The Body Shop Olive Body Butter
Andreia Irimia says :

re : I will definitely not repurchase this product in the future
I am very happy with this product, my skin looks so hydrated

Jessica Zarrillo says :

re : I will definitely not repurchase this product in the future
I sincerely LOVE the smell of this body butter. I don’t find it too overpowering, but something about the olive scent is fresh and enjoyable. I’m not even sure if the product works that well, but it smells incredible.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313081221930231/k2311a083/8.3.10