Equate Adult Tassin CF Cough and Cold  » Medicine  »
  • Since I have started using Equate medicine products, I have become rather satisfied at how much better they work when compared with name brands such as Tylenol or Advil
  • I have to admit that when I read the label and saw the word Tassin , I automatically assumed the Equate brand was similar to Robitussin
  • The medicine is completely disgusting, and the lingering taste in your mouth doesn't help matters

• by C.Channing

Since I have started using Equate medicine products, I have become rather satisfied at how much better they work when compared with name brands such as Tylenol or Advil. One day I had come down with a cold–bad coughing, sore throat, the works–and when I went to Wal-Mart to purchase my normal adult Equate cold medicine, I had stumbled upon the fact that they were sold out; the only thing left for me to purchase was the Equate Adult Tassin CF Cough and Cold.

I have to admit that when I read the label and saw the word “Tassin”, I automatically assumed the Equate brand was similar to Robitussin. I nearly choked

when the name Robitussin came to mind because their medicine is the most disgusting to take: it smells and tastes bad. Not to mention my chest is always on fire once it passes through the esophagus; however, the medicine does what it’s supposed to, and buying the Equate brand would not only have the same results, but it would also be a lot cheaper on my wallet.

I have taken enough cold medicine in my lifetime to know that two tablespoons are reserved for adults; therefore, even though I already knew this, I still read the directions just in case. The medicine had the same smell as Robitussin and I was read ...

• to gag before it was even near my mouth. Swallowing the Equate Adult Tussin CF Cough and Cold was one of the worst experiences I have had with medicines without flavor. It was thick and it took me at least five minutes to swallow it; partly because I was debating with myself how bad my cold was and whether or not I could manage on my own.

The minute the medicine went down, I began acting like the a zombie coming back to life as my chest significantly warmed up. It initially took the medicine at least thirty minutes to kick in, but by that time I was already asleep. When

I woke up, all my symptoms were gone except for a light cough that lingered. I was appreciative for the light cough because it was horrendous before I took the medicine.

Even though the Equate Adult Tassin CF Cough and Cold was difficult to swallow, it did everything a cold medicine is supposed to: it relieved me of my symptoms. It took a few more tablespoons before I was completely better, nevertheless, it did its job. The medicine is completely disgusting, and the lingering taste in your mouth doesn’t help matters; however, the price which was about a two or three dollar difference from the actual Robitussin was well worth it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 263081221920231/k2311a083/8.3.10