St. Ives Timeless Skin Apricot Scrub Renew & Firm  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • The directions say to wet your face first before using the facial scrub, but I prefer to put it on my face when it dry and massage it in
  • The thing I noticed about the new and improved apricot scrub is how lighter it feels on my face
  • To me, a good scrub--the original St. Ives Apricot Scrub--is not supposed to be fun, it's supposed to be course and unpleasant and that's the way I like it because I get better results
  • The new St. Ives Timeless Skin Apricot Scrub Renew & Firm had me excited because I love St. Ives facial line, but in the end I was disappointed with the results
  • I prefer the original St. Ives Apricot Scrub because it was courser and the results were amazing

• by C.Channing

I am an avid buyer when it comes to St. Ives apricot scrubs; therefore, when I learned the company was coming out with a new and improved apricot scrub I was more than eager to spend my money. The design of the tube has undergone a major revamp; however, it still has the picture of the apricots which has always been represented on the St. Ives scrubs. It has the same mess free tube with the pop on and off cap, but the scrub itself appears to be lighter than its predecessor.

put it on my face when it dry and massage it in. I find that doing it my way gives me a cleaner appearance and makes my skin look better overall. The thing I noticed about the new and improved apricot scrub is how lighter it feels on my face. It has the texture of lotion instead of a course scrub that I am used to. I also noticed how it took me longer to massage the scrub on my face to give me that clean feeling the original scrub did.

After I washed the scrub off my face I wasn’t really feeling the results I would have had ...

• with the original. Usually with the original St. Ives Apricot Scrub, I could see the results immediately with the appearance of my skin; however, I didn’t really get the same results with the new apricot scrub. To me, a good scrub–the original St. Ives Apricot Scrub–is not supposed to be fun, it’s supposed to be course and unpleasant and that’s the way I like it because I get better results; however, the new texture of the scrub is not on the same level as the original. Frankly, I prefer the original scrub as opposed to the new one.

The new St. Ives Timeless Skin Apricot Scrub Renew & Firm

had me excited because I love St. Ives facial line, but in the end I was disappointed with the results. The scrub felt more like a cleanser then a scrub, and I was just not happy with the result. I prefer the original St. Ives Apricot Scrub because it was courser and the results were amazing: my skin was softer, the breakouts on my forehead were clearing up, and the overall complexion of my skin was even. I absolutely will not be purchasing this scrub again, and I hope St. Ives continue to produce the original. This product may work for some skin types, but it really didn’t work on mine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313081221900231/k2311a083/8.3.10