Marionnaud N34 Concealer Brush  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • It was so stiff and had the really shiny and silky look like straightened fake hair and now I know I can't really use this for my eyelids
  • This isn't even called a concealing stick, I think it conceals it's purpose and I don't even know what this is for
  • I don't recommend this product to be bought by anyone, it's really of no use

• by bballet

When I went to Watson’s, I first thought this was an eyeshadow brush from afar and I immediately liked the shape and size, but when I looked at the label, it said it was a concealing brush, it’s not like a concealing brush since for starters, it’s thick, one thing is that it’s also shaped like my other eyeshadow brushes, which I’m sure they are because they come with my eyeshadow palette! I still bought this and it was only $3.5 so why not?

It seemed that looks can be deceiving; there was no sample at Watson’s (of course) and when I opened it, I immediately reached out to touch the brush, I was expecting the soft fluffy kind but it was obviously synthetic! It was so stiff and had the really shiny and silky look like straightened fake hair

and now I know I can’t really use this for my eyelids! Even with using this as a concealing brush would be hard as it doesn’t have any volume at all and I just didn’t like the stiff part! When I tried using this as a concealing brush and dipped it in one of my concealer pots, the concealer wouldn’t stick on the brush! This brush had a silky texture and now I know it won’t really work! I tried wetting the brush so some concealer would stick, some did stick but I was applying on and on for a single spot and that was time-consuming! The synthetic fibers are really wrong and I wished they were fluffy and soft but they were just the opposite.

Since I intended to use and check if this would be a good eyeshadow ...

• brush too, but when I tried using this, it was no go. The whole experiment’s result was, the eyeshadow, no matter how creamy and thick I chose it, wouldn’t stick totally but I got a good amount, and when I tried it on my eyelids, some did stick but mostly the eyeshadow turned dusty as the stupid synthetic fibers weren’t holding on to the eyeshadow, thus making them fall out like stardust! Even when used wetly I didn’t get any good results.

This isn’t even called a concealing stick, I think it conceals it’s purpose and I don’t even know what this is for. They should have changed or upgraded the brush as nothing can stick on this silky texture! Wet or dry, I reckon no matter what you do, it won’t really stick totally and it’ll only turn dusty

and you’ll end up wasting makeup in the end.

I don’t recommend this product to be bought by anyone, it’s really of no use. Even my creamiest products don’t stick here. You can see the color on the brush and you’ll actually feel triumphant when you see the color on the brush, but when you apply it on your face it’ll all disappear just like stardust as the synthetic fake brush doesn’t hold the makeup well! For $3.5 I can just throw this away, I would want to buy Mac brushes but the one I want is $22.50, 7 times the price of this! I’ll only save up as I really want that eyeshadow blending brush and this time I know I’ll be buying an expensive product, but a really good one. I’ve learned my lesson and won’t buy cheap makeup accessories anymore.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313081221870231/k2311a083/8.3.10