Fresh Step Crystals Cat Litter  » Pets  »
  • I decided to give the Crystals a go when a family member who has 5 cats swore by it
  • The bag weighs virtually nothing, so hauling it up to the checkout counter is also no longer a problem
  • When I put it into the box, I noticed it has a slight, fresh odor, but it's not an overpowering perfume scent, and the cats took to the new litter right away
  • Ultimately, it winds up costing about half of what I used to spend on clumping litter, and the best part is

• by Manders

Being the owner of 4 indoor cats for about 10 years, I’ve had some challenges keeping litter box odors at bay. I have tried virtually everything: many name brands of litters, scoopable litter, baking soda additives, newspaper litters, pine litters, lavender litter, the automatic scooping box, etc. , but until about 2 months ago, I had never tried the crystals.

For some reason, I was under the impression that all of the liquid would seep to the bottom, causing a wading pool of urine. (I am a veterinary professional, and when we need to collect a urine sample on a cat, we use something called “Lab Litter” which looks similar to the crystals).

I decided to give the Crystals a go when

a family member who has 5 cats swore by it. When I visited her house and could not tell that she had any cats, I went and bought a bag of it.

First of all, the Fresh Step Crystals are not that much more expensive than the regular Fresh Step Scoop that I normally bought (only about $2 more). The bag weighs virtually nothing, so hauling it up to the checkout counter is also no longer a problem.

When I put it into the box, I noticed it has a slight, fresh odor, but it’s not an overpowering perfume scent, and the cats took to the new litter right away. How this litter works is it actually draws in and stores the ...

• urine.

So no more big clumps of concrete! No sawdust! No automatic rakes with mud stuck to them! You simply scoop out the poop on a daily basis, and bring the crystals that are on the bottom to the top. After a while, you’ll notice most of the crystals have turned a turquoise color, and then it’s time to simply change the whole thing.

Again, it weighs virtually nothing, so it’s so easy to dump it out!

If you have multiple cats like I do, this litter can last about 2-3 weeks per box. If you have a single cat, expect the litter to only need to be changed on a monthly basis! (of course, if you have a cat

with renal failure or diabetes or any other disease that causes them to urinate a lot, it will last less time, but it will still outlast and be more pleasant to deal with than any other litter!).

Ultimately, it winds up costing about half of what I used to spend on clumping litter, and the best part is: you cannot smell the cats in my house at all now!

I tried another brand of crystals recently, but did not find them to be as efficient or last as long as the Fresh Step brand. I will never again need to try any other kind of litter.

This is THE BEST. Go buy some, I promise you will be happy with the results!!!!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 293081221070131/k2311a083/8.3.10