Animal House, New Manila  » Pets  »
1.0
737 Aurora Boulevard, Quezon City
  • Sicam, which was considered the best in our town, apparently even the owner of the English Bulldog breeder knew her, and I was the only one that didn't, so I immediately brought my new puppy to Dra
  • Sicam too and we consider her to be our main veterinarian now, we've been with her 1.5 years and we've always received quality service and care, she saved my English Bulldog's life when she was a pup and I won't go to anyone else now
  • The only problem was that my dog is now pregnant and my vet also advised me to look for another emergency clinic for my dog, just to be sure, just in case she wouldn't be available when my dog would be in labor as we really don't know the exact time and date, just like in humans, and that time I went to Animal House to have my dog checked
  • So for now they told me I had 1 sure puppy and I couldn't believe they were so bitter in telling me that, they were obviously non-experienced with these and I regret coming here
  • They are so incompetent and not knowledgeable that I don't recommend anyone to go there right now

• by max

I live around New Manila, so this is the closest veterinary clinic we’ve got; it’s only 5 minutes away from home and I bring my pet chihuahua here all the time. When I got my English Bulldog, a lot of my friends started recommending I go to Dra. Sicam, which was considered the best in our town, apparently even the owner of the English Bulldog breeder knew her, and I was the only one that didn’t, so I immediately brought my new puppy to Dra. Sicam and was really, really satisfied with the services I got and regretted I had only known her now!

I’ve been with Animal House for 7 years now, as my chihuahua is also already 7 years old, and since he was a small-breed dog, the medicines are almost always calculated by his weight, so it’s not really expensive. But for such a small dog weighing at only 7 pounds, sometimes the medicines are too expensive and my friends would forcefully tell me I’m being robbed by going there and they would want me to go here and there, but I liked Animal House since the longest waiting time I had was only about 15 minutes and that’s considered a blink of an eye, compared to other veterinarians which you’d have to wait for about 1-2 hours just to have your pet checked-up!

After years of finally deciding I was getting “robbed” and “held up” I brought my chihuahua to Dra. Sicam too and we consider her to be our main veterinarian now, we’ve been with her 1.5 years and we’ve always received quality service and care, she saved my English Bulldog’s life when she was a pup and I won’t go to anyone else now. The only problem was that my dog is now pregnant and my vet also advised me to look for another emergency clinic for my dog, just to be sure, just in case she wouldn’t be available when my dog would be in labor as we really don’t know the exact time and date, just like in humans, and that time I went to Animal House to have my dog checked.

I had

already done one ultrasound after 28 days of mating for my dog, and I saw 6 puppies on the ultrasound at Dra. Sicam. When we were taking x-ray at Animal House they only saw one puppy and they couldn’t see anything else, my pup apparently had too much fluid in her stomach and they told me they would need to do a second x-ray. After that they still couldn’t find anything and they could only see one puppy, I only saw the rib cage and no bones, and my husband and my maid silently whispered that their machines are so weak and faulty in a way that they can’t see anything! They were so unprofessional in telling me that the puppies I have seen before on my ultrasound when back when on the 28th day may have resorbed - meaning the puppies were gone and I could only have one puppy left. Now I don’t care about the puppy count, I was so furious that they had mentioned this in such a cold and non-apologetic way that it’s like telling a mother - oh sorry your babies died. Without even any emotion or remorse! They are so non-therapeutic and I wanted to strangle the young veterinarian who told me this but I kept my cool as I don’t want to be in the papers the next morning. So for now they told me I had 1 sure puppy and I couldn’t believe they were so bitter in telling me that, they were obviously non-experienced with these and I regret coming here. I can prove later on that they were wrong and I had several puppies by coming back to Dra. Sicam. Not only that, but the young veterinarian who was assisting me there was so stupid in a way that she even asked me to bring my dog when she would be in labor and can’t deliver the puppies herself - in this time and age, lots of common people know that English Bulldog puppies are immediately to have a caesarian section when they get pregnant, and this was a vet - and she thought I would deliver the puppies myself! I ...

• couldn’t believe it! Wait, it gets better - when I was paying the bill of my non-existent x-ray taken from their lousy x-ray machine, I paid a total of P1,350 or approximately $29 for something that I can’t even see and interpret! I’m not stupid when it comes to these things and they didn’t even inform me that they would charge me for the 2nd x-ray as it’s their fault their machine was faulty! I was so furios when I received the bill and my husband wanted to give them a talking-to, but I told and whispered to him that never mind and God will take care of them, as greedy as they are, and that I will never go back to that place again! Going to Animal House (not only here, but any branch) is highway robbery and now I know why my friends have discouraged me going there! The veterinarians are so incompetent to even suggest that I deliver the English Bulldog puppies myself and doesn’t know that they are automatically (always!) to be delivered via caesarian section and never normal delivery as the mother can die! They are so incompetent and not knowledgeable that I don’t recommend anyone to go there right now! If you’re wanting to spend your money just give them to charities! But please, don’t go here as they don’t care for your pet, they only care for your wallet!

When I went back to Dra. Sicam and told her I went to Animal House New Manila (Aurora Blvd.) for a check-up since it was my second emergency clinic in case my dog went into labor and told her all the details, she was appalled and she wouldn’t really comment but would only say this to me - how bad and how sad. Dra. sicam charged me only $10 for the ultrasound and for the succeeding ultrasounds I only paid $5. Not only that but I showed her the 2 faulty x-rays from Animal House and she and her husband reviewed it and they told me that Animal House’s x-ray was too faulty, vague, and weak!

When my real veterinarians decided I do an ultrasound first

as it’s much clearer and I can see the puppies and their heartbeats and assess their status to see if any are dead, we not only saw one puppy, but about 4 of them! I can see a lot of action when my dog was under the ultrasound and we were all so happy and my vet and her husband proved Animal House wrong and I just was so happy they confirmed my real instinct - that my dog doesn’t only have one pup as the stupid Animal House have said!

I don’t know if they are real veterinarians in there, they are mainly robbers who steal people’s money and give them false ideas and inane guesses - and I don’t even want to rob them of the $29 they “stole” from me, if $29 is what makes them happy, so be it! Now you’ve learned the deeds of Animal House New Manila, not only are they highway robbers, but also incompetent as well, it’s up to you if you’ll still go there, but if I were you, just ask your friends and relatives around, ask any good breeder, I dare you, and I’m sure none real good breeder even takes their puppies to Animal House, I don’t even know any breeder who takes their puppies to Animal House. I’m glad I’ve met Dra. Sicam and her husband, as not only the powerful Ayala family is one of their regulars but also Benjie Paras, whose dogs I always play with when we’re waiting for our turn. Animal House is a hellhole, and I swear I will never step foot in there again. I will find another secondary emergency clinic that’s not commerical as they are leeches grabbing any penny you’ve got in your wallet, and now I’ll only ask for other reputable vets such as Dra. Sicam and she’s already given me one, but for Animal House - they will get what’s coming to them and it’s not really nice to cheat people out of their money with their faulty lies, guesses, assumptions, and worst of all - their faulty machines! I would rate this establishment a zero but since 1 is the lowest, I’ll have to settle for that.

Marga says :

Today my poor French Bulldog is suffering in Animal House New Manila. We plan to file an administrative suit if possible against the incompetent vets

To ensure to she would be under professional care we agreed to have her stay 3 days prior to her scheduled labor date. We never failed to emphasize that French Bulldogs need to have c-section or cesarean performed since they have bigger heads. We religiously followed EVERYTHING the vets said not minding the bills and numerous trips back.

So now our dog is now in labor and they just there If my boyfriend hadnt arrived and demanded that cesearen be performed our dog’s life may have been jeopardized and all our time and effort for nothing.
    Seriously, just how idiotic van you be?

One of her pups died.

Now she is in the operating room. And I am worried sick. It is a good thing my boyfriend insisted om staying.

I am not determined to find out if there are others like us who have been fooled and robbed and worried sick for our beloved pets.

Their negligence will not go unnoticed And I need all of your relevant experience to rid such profession of similar incompetents.

anna cos says :

Hi. Where can I find Dra. Sicam? My dog has a bone stucked on his throat. We went to Animal House (Makati Branch) last night for a check up and advised that my dog needs an endoscopy followed by a surgery to remove the bone. Can you please help me where can I have a second opinion? Thank You.

John says :

67 K-1st St., Kamuning, Quezon City
    Contact Nos.:
    (02) 9222707
    Accreditations/Affiliations:
    Philippine Animal Hospital Association (PAHA)”

quick note by anonymous :

Hi Max. May I just know where Dra. Sitcam is located? I called up Animal House New Manila (Aurora Branch) today and was surprised to know that their rates was lowered down for Chem14 and Chem16. From 3500, it was now 2900 for Chem14 and from 1750, it was now 1600. I was trying to look for any reviews regarding their machines, and I bumped into your review. Thanks for sharing your experience.

John says :

Look above for the address to Dra. Sitcam. The phone number is listed as well.

-17
    Mariz says :

Hi, my English bulldog is pregnant too. I’m excited yet worried. I don’t know much about breeding English bulldogs. My only other pet is a shihtzu who gave birth normally.
    Just wondering, how much did dr. sicam’s clinic charge for the CS. Fil-chi vet in pasig quoted around 18-20k for my 2yo English bulldog. Is that okay? I just want to know all other options beforehand to avoid those panic moments. Lol

Do let me know Thanks )

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 293081220341131/k2311a083/8.3.10