Booth Deep Cleansing Volcanic Mud Mask
  • I like to experiment with different facial masks, so when I saw this mask from Booth, I thought it looked interesting and I decided to purchase it
  • This is nice so I know when to rinse it off
  • Before I rinsed the mask off, I noticed that it had tightened up on my face and I could see where it had drawn oil out of my pores
  • I would recommend this mask to anyone who is looking to tighten skin and reduce the appearance of pores, and improve the overall look of their skin
  • This mask cost me $10, and it was worth the price

• by mariekay

I like to experiment with different facial masks, so when I saw this mask from Booth, I thought it looked interesting and I decided to purchase it. The mask is made of volcanic mud, something I was pretty sure I had never tried on my face. The claim is that the volcanic mud will deep clean and soften the facial skin. The claims go on to say that the mask will draw out impurities, absorb excess oil, and shrink pore size. These were all things that I look for in a facial mask, so I was excited to try it.

I read the directions the first time I tried the mask, and it said to apply the mask after cleansing the face, avoiding the eye area. Then you are

to let it dry for 15 minutes, and then rinse with warm water. The mask was dark in color and did have a strong smell to it. I wasn’t crazy about the scent, but I didn’t expect it to smell wonderful since it was a mud mask. The scent was a combination of mud and cheap cologne. Applying it to my face was rougher than I expected. It felt a little harsh on my skin, and even scratched a bit if I used too much pressure. I figured this was the result of the exfoliation process, so I continues and then left the mask on for 15 minutes. The product also created a slight burning/stinging sensation on my face and even made my eyes water a ...

• bit.

Although the mask is dark blue in color when I first apply it, it turns a lighter shade as it dries and hardens. This is nice so I know when to rinse it off. I waited until the entire mask was light in color and all the dark spots had turned light. The timing was right, it took about 15 minutes for it to completely dry.

Before I rinsed the mask off, I noticed that it had tightened up on my face and I could see where it had drawn oil out of my pores. This told me that the mask was working. The mask was very hard and crusty on my face, so I expected it to be difficult to rinse off. Surprisingly,

it came off fairly easily with warm water and a wash cloth. After I rinsed it off, I noticed a difference in my face right away. Everything was tightened, yet my skin was not overly dried out. My pores did look smaller, and my face felt refreshed. Even after I applied make-up, my face looked radiant and my make-up stayed put for longer than usual. I would say this mask is a keeper, as it does live up to its claims.

I would recommend this mask to anyone who is looking to tighten skin and reduce the appearance of pores, and improve the overall look of their skin. This mask cost me $10, and it was worth the price. The mask works best when used about twice a week.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313081220301131/k2311a083/8.3.10