Cetirizine (Zyrtec) for allergies
  • He brought in the party with him a delicious and mouth-watering beer that I have never tasted ever
  • The only side effect that I experience when taking this drug is somnolence

• by Carlisle

I’m an occasional drinker. A bottle of beer is usually the maximum amount of alcohol that my body could take. Any more than that, and I get a skin allergy all over my body that is very itchy the next day. I was recently invited for a going away party for my friend who was about to leave for abroad the next day. He brought in the party with him a delicious and mouth-watering beer that I have never tasted ever. Before I knew it, i was gulping down my third bottle. Not good. And so the next day he went to abroad, but I was left

with red patches on my body that was very itchy. I was having an allergic reaction to the alcohol that I took the night before. Luckily, I knew the remedy–A tablet of Cetirizine Hcl.

Cetirizine (Zyrtec) is a drug classified under the Antihistamines. Which means this drug is good for taking care of allergic reaction caused by several things including rhinitis and severe itching. Doctors usually prescribe this medication for seasonal allergic rhinitis, perennial allergic rhinitis and chronic urticaria. Zyrtec comes in oral solution of 5 mg/5ml and tablets of 5 mg and 10 mg. The box and the packaging will of course depend on the manufacturer. But ...

• the one I had was a white box with white elongated tablets. The tablets upon closer inspection had the name Zyrtec imprinted on one side and the company logo on the other.

The tablet is not hard to swallow due to its small size. From the time that I took the medication to having the desired effects only took about 20-30 minutes. The relief from the itching is fast! I only had to take this tablet once a day and had no worries of having to remember when to take it and how frequent. All it took was a tablet a day! The only side effect that

I experience when taking this drug is somnolence. I get sleepy and drowsy when I’m on it.

Anybody taking or about to take this medication should be aware of the possible side effects that he or she may encounter. I educated myself with the easy to read and understandable leaflet that comes with the packaging. It details the precautions and the possible side effects that one may encounter when taking Zyrtec. In my country, the price per tablet is a high though compared to other medication of the same class. But with that price, comes with swift relief from the allergies. I give this medication a 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 263081220031131/k2311a083/8.3.10