Olay Total Effects Moisturizer in GENTLE (SPF15)
  • I wanted to try the Olay line of products because I know that Olay has been in the market for years now and I have not tried any of its moisturizers
  • So I gave in to my curiosity and I bought a bottle of Olay Total Effects Moisturizer for about Php 800 (about $18)
  • I thought pro-vitamin B5 was for hair like Pantene usually advertises
  • I also noticed that just a small pinkie-nail sized amount will almost always cover my face in its entirety
  • I recommend this product for women and men even under the age of 30 to prevent a lot of skin aging and problems as soon as they can

• by dng

I wanted to try the Olay line of products because I know that Olay has been in the market for years now and I have not tried any of its moisturizers. I have combination skin so I wanted to see if I can use it and see if my skin becomes improved in a couple of weeks. I have always seen its advertisement of Olay Total Effects and it does look promising. So I gave in to my curiosity and I bought a bottle of Olay Total Effects Moisturizer for about Php 800 (about $18). It comes in a beige bottle of 50 grams. It says GENTLE on it. I saw another variant that says FOUNDATION. I just chose GENTLE so that it can suit my sensitive skin. Since this was a new product, my skin will probably take its time to adjust to it. I have already bought the eye cream and it seems to be working ok for me.

This product claims to fight the seven signs of aging, like wrinkles, age spots, discolorations, etc. I am on my 30’s and I want to be able to prevent these signs of aging at the earliest possible time. This has SPF 15 to

prevent the skin from premature aging against the sun. I do not know the other ingredients it has to prevent the skin from aging easily but the only ingredients I can recognize are PRO-VITAMIN B5, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, VITAMIN B3, VITAMIN B5, VITAMIN E, and ZINC OXIDE. Titanium and Zinc Dioxide are there to protect the skin from the sun as they act as UVA and UVB rays’ protection. I do not know really about the effects of the other vitamins on my skin. I thought pro-vitamin B5 was for hair like Pantene usually advertises. Anyway I just feel good that it has vitamins in it.

This comes with a pump dispenser. This is good because it is very hygienic that I do not get to touch the remaining cream from the inside of the bottle itself. I also noticed that just a small pinkie-nail sized amount will almost always cover my face in its entirety. The cream has a faint scent, and it is not overpowering so it is okay. I also noticed that the cream is also smooth and fluid, but not so greasy. This makes my skin glow, like it is properly moisturized and a little shiny, but not too oily.

• It is not wasteful too. There is a transparent plastic cover to protect the pump from getting accidentally pressed on which is great to avoid wastage of the product.

I use this as a primer for my makeup. This is great because my skin does not need any more primers. This gives a velvety smooth base for my powder foundation, when before I had problems with moisturizers getting chalky and cakey when mixed with powder foundation. I did not feel that my skin peeled off or something like that, but my skin did feel softer, smoother, and there was a marked glow. Not an oily glow but a healthy glow. My skin looks moisturized and has a nice sheen to it. It does not look dry or dull. Before, I had peeling skin because of the dryness but not with this moisturizer.

I noticed that after days of using this I did not have any break outs or zits. Normally when I shift moisturizers or facial wash, or even face powders, I have break outs. But this time I did not have any. No irritations too. I have sensitive skin and it gets more sensitive when I use products with SPF on them, but

this time I did not get allergies or redness.

I recommend this product for women and men even under the age of 30 to prevent a lot of skin aging and problems as soon as they can. This is a good product and has not caused any skin irritations on my face. I cannot vouch for the other variants but this Total Effects in Gentle is good enough for me. This lasted me for about 6 months with just a little amount of usage on my part, even when I use it daily as a moisturizer. For the last 6 months that I have used it, I felt that my skin looks better because again it does have a little sheen to it. However I did not notice that it peeled off or that my skin is renewed. But my skin does look healthy and not dry at all.

This is truly worth the investment. For only a minimal amount of product, this lasts a long time and is gentle enough for everyday use. This is good as a makeup base and has SPF so what more could I ask for. I will continue to buy this product and will probably use the other variants as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313081219831031/k2311a083/8.3.10