La Suffren VERVE Eyeliner, Extra Water and Oil proof (in BLACK)
  • I like to get black as my eyeliner color so that it can emphasize my eyes
  • So I bought it, and again because it was so cheap, I was ecstatic to try it out on my eyes this time
  • I noticed that it does create a huge line, maybe because the tip was not too blunt
  • I was very impressed with its staying power and value for money
  • I could not find other Suffren products but I am just glad I found this eyeliner amongst the eyeliners in the counter

• by dng

I was looking for a good eyeliner pencil in the streets and stores of Hong Kong when I came across the nearest Sasa shop. I was scourging the counter of good eyeliners when I saw this that says La Suffren VERVE Eyeliner, Extra Water and Oil proof. So I checked out the price because it looked very promising. For HKD 29 (about $3.50), this was a steal.

I tried it on my hand at first, and it wrote pretty well. It was the blackest black I have ever seen. I like to get black as my eyeliner color so that it can emphasize my eyes. The color shade was EW01- BLACK. I was not able to see other shades of this pencil. There was only one in the store I guess? I am not really sure but its color is very good so I just decided to purchase it.

This La Suffren Verve Eyeliner also brags of being Long lasting + Smudge proof. This eyeliner pencil has a very plain simple packaging and has a twist cap to cover. It also says it is made in Germany. It has 1.2g of black eyeliner pencil. At first I almost missed this product, but when I tried it on my skin it seemed to last longer than the other

eyeliner pencils on display for testing. I would normally write a line on my hand and wait for a couple of seconds. After that I rub the liner and see if it smudges. This one stayed. Actually, this one was like wet charcoal! When it dried up, it can no longer be smudged. It seemed good.

I like Germany made products, like Max factor. It spelled quality for me. So I bought it, and again because it was so cheap, I was ecstatic to try it out on my eyes this time. There was no fragrance, no glitters. It was just a plain black kohl eyeliner that sticks.

Putting it on my upper eyelid was very easy. Just a light glide of the pencil tip already colored my upper eyelid. Just a little amount yields a blackest black color. I have never had this same effect in any other pencil eyeliner. Usually I would have to apply once, then reapply, and then keep on reapplying until I get the desired color. But with this, I did not have to redo my application. What is also good about it is that it kind of sticks to my eyelid, just like a liquid eyeliner dries up on my skin. I tried to also put it on my lower lids, and it ...

• worked well. The pencil tip was soft though, like kohl eyeliner. It has a tendency to dull up right away, and I always have to have a sharpener handy always. I noticed that it does create a huge line, maybe because the tip was not too blunt.

So now for the real test: I went to a huge dance party and used this. It was a club and I was dancing the night away, sweaty and all. After 4 hours into the makeup, the eyeliner is still there! There was a little smudge on the lower lids, just a little though but it did not give me a whole lot of raccoon eyes. Unlike other eyeliner products that have said they were waterproof, this one actually stayed on.

Now removing this was a real pain. I know it said oil and water proof. It was not lying. When I forgot that I was wearing it, I stepped into the shower and washed my face with just a normal cleanser. After I rubbed my face, I forgot that I was wearing it. As I was drying up,I saw myself in the mirror, and I saw that it did smudge (after vigorous rubbing), and I looked like a panda! I used my Kate Eye Makeup Remover and it

did finish off the job. I noticed that this was also a little difficult to remove and I had to use maybe 2-3 pads of soaked eye makeup remover to remove it. This was great because it takes a whole lot of effort to remove it, which is really what I wanted. This means I can wear it on the beach, in the shower, etc without worrying that I will look like a panda. Of course, this time I rubbed it so it did smudge but without rubbing, it will just stay put.

I am still using this and I am very amazed at how just a little can last a long time. I still have it after 6 months, and there is still about 75% of the pencil left to use. I make sure to sharpen it with every use just to make sure that the tip is pointed to make a precise application. Sometimes I have to be careful in sharpening it because there was one time the tip actually just fell off because it was too soft.

I will definitely buy this again. I was very impressed with its staying power and value for money. I could not find other Suffren products but I am just glad I found this eyeliner amongst the eyeliners in the counter!

priti chadha says :

where in India can i buy la Suffren verve Eyeliner

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313081219821031/k2311a083/8.3.10