Shop-Vac 16-Gallon 5.75 Peak HP Pump Wet/Dry Shop Vac Model #9341611  » Hardware  »
  • I bought the Shop Vac Contractor Model #9341611 at Lowes for $130 dollars with tax
  • It has turned out to be one of the best investments I have ever made
  • The wheels are approximately 1 1/2 and I found it will not go over gravel/rocks and is made of plastic
  • I think maybe it is because it's still getting broke in I am not sure though

• by Burnfade

I bought the Shop Vac Contractor Model #9341611 at Lowes for $130 dollars with tax. It has turned out to be one of the best investments I have ever made.

The hose that comes with this model is 8ft long, and screws into the unit for a snug fit and will not come off. The only bad thing about the hose is you can get kinks in it. The blower function is easy to use just by taking the hose from the front of the Shop Vac and screwing it on to the back.

The built in water pump does great though I have not tried to pump water up a flight of stairs. It works by attaching a red elbow to the end of the hose, taking the dry filter on the inside out, put the foam sleeve on, and attach a special hose with a metal mesh filter underneath the motor. It all takes about 3 minutes and is easy. Optional attachment

is a garden hose to the rear of the vac. The garden hose option worked great for me to get water far away as possible, while not having to move the Shop Vac to empty it out. However there is going to be water left in the Shop Vac as the metal mesh filter underneath the motor does not go all the way to the bottom of the Shop Vac. You will have to use the drain plug at the bottom to empty it out at another location but, it will not be as heavy as the water pump will take care of everything above the metal mesh filter.

The wheel on this Shop Vac could be a larger diameter. The wheels are approximately 1 1/2″ and I found it will not go over gravel/rocks and is made of plastic.

The suction from this Shop Vac is great. The motors 5.75 peak horsepower takes care of just about anything and is limited by the ...

• diameter of the hose at just over two inches. The top of the Shop Vac is easy to take off just two tabs and goes back on just easy as it came off.

The dry filter did not come with a cover, I found that cat hair would get stuck in it pretty bad and had to be taken out by my upright vacuum. I made do with paper towel and tape which worked great.

The unit smells when on, and had smelled the first time I had used it. It does not bother me but my wife complains about it. I think maybe it is because it’s still getting broke in I am not sure though.

This Shop Vac is not quiet but nowhere near as loud as ones I have seen in the past. I do not wear hearing protection as I feel there is no need with this particular Shop Vac.

The plastic the Shop Vac

is made entirely of is very durable and stands up to abuse. I have hit it against walls, stairs, concrete, and the list goes on.

The size of this particular unit is well 16 gallons, and takes up that space and more. But I bought this and read on the box 16 gallons. It does take up some space but it holds allot before you have to empty it.

The blower function is great but I feel an attachment could have come with it to channel the air better to beef it up a bit.

Overall this Shop Vac is great for just about anything and is limited to your imagination. I have used it for cleaning my car, taking water off my back patio as I power washed it, my carpets, kitchen floors, rugs, picking up cat litter, cat food, cat hair, couches, picking up toys, ashes from tables, pens, markers, coins, and will find more ways to use it.

john says :

re : It has turned out to be one of the best investments I have ever made
    City employee, talked the boss into buying us a shop vac about 5 years ago ,so i saw the one with a built in "water pump",at Lowes and gave it try. Why not? Not my money if it turns out to be junk, lol. I used it to clean out one of our sump pump pits at the bottom of one of our dry wells at a sewer pump station . everything is around 40 feet straight down in the ground. We all had serious doubts about this"pump" but if it worked it would have saved several hours of work, not having to send the tank up on the hoist after filling it up to be emptied. Hooked a water hose to the pump discharge, put on the pump extension /filter in the tank,ran the water hose straight up 40 feet and about another 10 feet to the toilet. Can you believe it WORKED? And worked perfectly. Only once or twice i had to stop so the pump could catch up from what i was sucking up, but 2.5 inch suction hose VS. 5/8 inch discharge, plus the height, man you can not ask for better. It was a full stream and lots of pressure on the discharge side,probably could have pumped 80 feet straight up. 5 out of 5 stars. Buy it. I protect that shop vac like its my own,dont want any monkeys screwing it up.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 333081219811031/k2311a083/8.3.10