My10s 48x CD-R 80 min/700 MB (50 pieces per pack)  » Hardware  »
1.5
  • Then I can enjoy watching those using VCD-player connected to my TV for my best viewing experience
  • After examining the recording surface I found out that there are some black dots on the surface
  • Personally, I will not recommend My10s CD-R because they are incapable for storing data for at least 10 years, besides for their poor quality in keeping the data

• by User

I use My10s CD-R since 2005. I bought them from a PC fair in Malaysia. I use them to backup my documents, music, videos, and educational resources. More importantly, I can also convert video files into VCD format and burn them onto the discs. Then I can enjoy watching those using VCD-player connected to my TV for my best viewing experience. These CD-Rs are also useful to free up my limited 40 GB internal hard disk space from being

fill up with my large video files. Besides, they are also helpful for submitting documents directly to my interviewers or to distribute them to my friends with the video files commemorating the events happened during gatherings, parties, and school activities.

Only recently, I discovered that some of my copied CD-R cannot be read by my CD-ROM drive. The computer encountered errors in reading the files when I tried to open my video files. I tried this CD-R on other computers ...

• and results are the same. After examining the recording surface I found out that there are some black dots on the surface. This really makes me mad as I had lost some of my important data! I quickly back up other files into my external hard drive after I realised that these CD-Rs are not suitable for long term storage. Besides, I need to burn quite many CDs as each of my video files takes up about 300 MB
        of storage space. Sometimes, the CD-R needs to be read for a long time in the drive before I can browse through the content of the CD-R. I’m really tired for waiting the CD to run. I burn the CD-R on other computers but the result turned up to be the same.

Personally, I will not recommend My10s CD-R because they are incapable for storing data for at least 10 years, besides for their poor quality in keeping the data.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 333081219371031/k2311a083/8.3.10