Garnier Fructis Fortifying Shampoo for Dry and Damaged Hair
1.5
  • Although I'm hardly ever motivated by advertising in my buying habits, unless of course, it is a negative influence, when I decide to boycott a producer with especially annoying ads, I bought Garnier Fructis shampoo primarily due to the convincing adverts
  • Unfortunately, there was little good to be said about the shampoo otherwise
  • Upon more detailed olfactory inspection I noticed that the shampoo does in fact smell a little bit more 'chemically' than I have initially thought
  • Therefore, I decided to cut my losses and gave the shampoo to a roommate with less sensitive skin

• by Rachel Evans

Although I’m hardly ever motivated by advertising in my buying habits, unless of course, it is a negative influence, when I decide to boycott a producer with especially annoying ads, I bought Garnier Fructis shampoo primarily due to the convincing adverts. I also liked the fruity smell and the pretty, green container.

Unfortunately, there was little good to be said about the shampoo otherwise. The shampoo itself has a weird consistence and produces very little foam, so

that lathering my scalp properly - and I had semi-long hair at the time, which I’ve since cut - was a lengthy and exhausting affair, which required that a lot of shampoo be applied. The product was quite easily rinsed, and the scalp felt pretty clean afterwards, but just to be safe, I repeated the procedure, which turned out to be a mistake.

On the following day, my hair looked quite alright - there was no glossy shine ...

• or silkiness like in the advert, but neither were there tangles or greasy patches - but the same couldn’t be said for the state of my scalp. It was irritated and completely dried out, evidently experiencing a bad reaction to the shampoo and its chemicals. Upon more detailed olfactory inspection I noticed that the shampoo does in fact smell a little bit more ‘chemically’ than I have initially thought.

I used the shampoo twice more, and after

the third time, my skin was so dry that I got slight dandruff, despite using a moisturizing conditioner. The shampoo was simply too strong for my scalp while its effects on the hair didn’t make any great impression. Therefore, I decided to cut my losses and gave the shampoo to a roommate with less sensitive skin.

I’m definitely not recommending the shampoo. It can clearly cause irritation and requires to be used in too large quantities, therefore being uneconomical.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313081219321031/k2311a083/8.3.10