Guardian 100% Pure Cotton, Side Sealed Facial Square  » Cosmetics  »
  • I like to use Facial Square to use with toners, to remove makeup and for removing nail polish
  • Good Facial cotton in my opinion is one that is super soft yet strong enough to clean and lift off dirt, should be fluff free as I hate having to remove strands of fluff from my eyebrows and lashes, and should be of a good size to hold and use
  • The facial squares were packed in a cute lilac box dispenser which was quite attractive and looked convenient
  • The box had 100 keping/pieces and cost only S$2.90
  • Over all I am not impressed with the Guarding Facial Squares and after I am done with the box I will not be repurchasing it again and do not recommend it if you have sensitive skin like mine

• by true_value

Facial cottons come in various forms. They come in cotton balls, circular pads, square, textured, etc., of all the cottons I had tried the cotton balls are the ones I do not like to use. I just feel that they do not give maximum contact with skin and is difficult to hold and apply all over face and neck.

I like to use Facial Square to use with toners, to remove makeup and for removing nail polish. These are a must in my drawer and I cannot be without them. I always try to stock up whenever they are on sale. Good Facial cotton in my opinion is one that is super soft yet strong enough to clean and lift off dirt, should be fluff free as I hate having to remove strands of fluff from my eyebrows and lashes, and should be of

a good size to hold and use.

This time when I was at the Guardian Pharmacy I came across their house product Guardian Facial Square that I have never tried before. The facial squares were packed in a cute lilac box dispenser which was quite attractive and looked convenient.

It seemed to have all that I normally look for while buying facial cotton. The product description of the facial square mentioned it to be 100% pure cotton, soft, absorbent & hygienic, non-woven protection layers, fluff free, side sealed for easy separation and that it was ideal for beauty care, baby care and medical care.

As for the product claims Guardian claims its Facial Squares to be made from high quality cotton, to ensure extra softness, strength, absorbency and hygiene, side sealed with a fluff free finish for ultimate cleanliness and specially made for daily use in cosmetics, medical ...

• and baby care as it was purified and sterlized.

The box had 100 keping/pieces and cost only S$2.90.

The squares were actually not squares they were rectangular in shape and not sealed on all sides. It was only sealed on two sides. There was the fluffy cotton on the inside that was covered with cloth like cotton sheet on both sides. The squares were not the softest and did have a slight roughness to it which felt as if I was rubbing a piece of cloth on my face.

It was good that the squares were really fluff free and did not leave any fluffy reside on my face. The surface even though felt a big rough did not seem to lift as much dirt as the other ones that I have tried and I had to rub it bit harder, which was kind of irritating.

And when doing so the seal comes off and the square looks messy.

The rough texture is however good for using with my nail polish remover to remove polish from my nails. It comes off fast and clean in no time, which is why I am keeping it. For the face however, I had to look for some other brand.

The good things about the facial square is the packaging because of its tissues box like design it is easy to take a piece and close back the flap so that it remains dust free and clean always. The rectangular shape makes it easy to hold between fingers while using.

Over all I am not impressed with the Guarding Facial Squares and after I am done with the box I will not be repurchasing it again and do not recommend it if you have sensitive skin like mine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312081218771031/k2311a082/8.2.10